WINN, Elvin Frank - b. October 2, 1940 - d. April 16, 2019

Started by patyrn, April 17, 2019, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Elvin Frank Winn of Douglass, Kansas, passed away on April 16, 2019 at the Catholic Care Center in Bel Aire, Kansas.  He was born on October 2, 1940, the son of Lester Frank and Genevieve (Cox) Winn.

Frank was the youngest of 15 children.  After graduating from Howard High School in Howard, Kansas in 1958, he graduated from Emporia State University in Emporia, Kansas in 1970.  He had a long and tenured career in Oil and Natural Gas and Marketing working for Phillips Petroleum Services, Lantern Petroleum, and XOG Operating, LLc.  After retirement, Frank created his own oil and natural gas consulting business, Petromark Services.  Frank lived in Emporia, Kansas, Pratt, Kansas, Bartlesville, Oklahoma, Midland, Texas, and Prosper, Texas before returning back to Kansas in 2016.

Frank loved spending time with his family going hunting and fishing.  He enjoyed gathering family history facts and genealogy.  He was most proud of April 25, 1964 when he married Myrna Lee Buffalow.  On April 25, 2019, they would have been married for 55 years.

Including his wife, Myrna, Frank is survived by three children, Stuart Winn and wife, Les of Houston, Texas, Sterling Winn of Lubbock, Texas, and Stephanie Cavallo and husband, Nicholas of Danville, California; one brother, Robert "Bob" Winn and wife, Shirley of Howard, Kansas; five grandchildren, Nathan and Natalie Winn and Rylan, Brett, and Leighton Cavallo; and numerous nieces and nephews.  He was preceded in death by his parents; his brothers, Donald, Raymond, Neil, Wes, George, and Dwight; and his sisters, Anita, Aileen, Myrna, Phyllis, Velda, Charlene, and Shirley. 

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. at the Howard United Methodist Church, 815 E. Randolph, Howard, Kansas.  Visitation will be held on Monday, April 22, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Memorials have been suggested to the Howard Alumni Association or the Alzheimer's Association and may be left with or mailed to the funeral home.

Services have been entrusted to Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

larryJ

So sad.  Rest in peace Frank you will be missed.
Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk