The lies and partial truths . . . . . . is really starting to make me sick.

Started by Wake-up!, November 02, 2018, 07:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake-up!

Whoa, a political rant from Mz. DA up in the coffeeshop! Bring it on down to Politics and join the complainer and the whiner. We're sick too (well, I should just speak for myself). We could have a little tete-a-tete-a-tete, as the saying goes. Except Red is pretty much AWOL these days, so it might just be you and me. We could draw straws for nicknames.

And who decides who the enemy is this week? When will it be you....or me? Every gummit on earth has to have a boogie man to blame, to instill fear and worry among us, to control us and raise money for itself. The psychology of it started when we were kids and that thing under our beds could come out when the lights went out and . . . . well, I'll stop, I don't need a bad dream tonight.

Now, if your household owns a hand gun or long gun and the gummit knows you have it, you are already on an elevated alert list (see info at Rutherford Institute). That means they will not do a knock and talk at your house, they will come with a SWAT team. I assume it is only a matter of time for all of us.

Why not just cancel the entire Constitution and all the amendments and have a "The biggest, meanest best armed bully wins" form of government? Nice description . . . . I believe that has already happened. Pick the Presidential era when you think it first occurred.

I think we are witnessing a huge world-wide power struggle. And it may be at the point of international instability. When discourse is so disruptive, when media is more opinion and directed defamation than news and events, and when the world is armed to the Nth, it is too easy for one or two countries to 'pull the trigger'. I fear we are very close to that. It certainly appears that way from my perspective. And I'll increase your level of anxiety by adding that there are world 'leaders' who believe there can be such a thing as a limited nuclear war.

And the election next week is likely to raise the angst. Time for some (more) blood pressure meds.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.

The greatest mistake in American history was letting government educate our children.
- Harry Browne, 1996/2000 Libertarian Party Presidential candidate

Diane Amberg

You are right, I should have put my political comments here.  I  do apologize. Being on the east coast, a lot of this mess is happening not far from me and I just let it all out. Grrrr.

Wake-up!

I wasn't suggesting you posted in the wrong section. It doesn't appear this forum has enough life in it for people to worry where things are posted.

I was just surprised to see you make a political comment. That's rare for you, of late. But welcome.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.

The greatest mistake in American history was letting government educate our children.

Diane Amberg

Hopefully it will be rare again after tomorrow. But, we'll have to see. I have some very strong opinions about people who are running on the "Fear Party" platform. As I heard one person say.'The Repubs won...( but not the popular vote, the Electoral College handed it to him)what are they so mad about?" Also what are our people so afraid of? Those poor people from the South American countries are suffering from serious crop failures," food insecurities' to use the modern term, climate change, violence, and deadly poverty.They are looking for work just as our own people did not SO many years ago, when the dust bowl took over the Midwest. People packed up and hit the  road looking for work.They didn't "invade" California,and other states, they were just looking for work. Many were exploited, just as these people are.
I know its not the same thing, but it's close enough. Many have already dropped off....and our bigoted "Liar in Chief" is threatening to send our active military to "help" our Border patrol? (So if some throw rocks, throw rocks back!) Rocks are rifles? Oh, please!
This kind of thing really upsets me, which is exactly what he wants.
Being on the east coast, we've known about him and his shady, corrupt, business dealings for a very long time. He is a mess.

Wake-up!

Well, the election dust appears to have settled. The Senate is still red. And it appears there will not be any impeachment proceedings of your 'mess'. Your 'mess' strongly supported Pelosi's bid to be Speaker. And she won handily, although I haven't seen the actual vote to confirm how handily. Those apparently bent on impeachment in the blue ranks were unable to unseat her.

Your 'mess' remains. It appears little has effectively changed. What's next?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk