Farm Rent / Sharecrop Farming

Started by Dee Gee, April 13, 2016, 07:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Gee

I have a few acres that is farmed on the basis of sharecrop, I've been receiving 1/3 of the production and paying 1/3 of the fertilizer cost which I think is the standard for this.  Now the tenant is asking for a 1/3 of the seed cost, is this becoming the way sharecropping is done now or is the tenant just trying to get more money out of me?   
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

hhjacobs

I HAVE NOT HEARD OF 1/3 COST OF SEED. MY RENTER DOES CHARGE ME FOR 1/3 OF WEED SPRAYING. WHICH DON'T THINK IS RIGHT BUT I PAY IT ANYWAY. SPRAYING TAKES PLACE OF CULTAVING. A LOT OF FARMER ARE NOW DOING NO-TILL WHICH IS LESS EXPENSE FOR THEM TO PUT IN CROP.

Dee Gee

Thanks Henry, mine does no till farming but doesn't charge for the weed spray. I guess it is a coming thing to charge extra items from the land owner.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Jane

Just remember it is your land. If you do not think it is correct, talk to the person that is farming it or find someone else to lease it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk