HAPPY EASTER

Started by frawin, March 27, 2016, 08:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Myrna and I want to wish all of you a HAPPY EASTER. This is an important Holiday, it is Celebrated by Christians as the Day of Jesus Christ's resurrection, which is Written in the new Testament of the Christian Bible. According to the Gospel of John in the new Testament, Mary Magdalene came to the Tomb where Jesus was buried and found it empty. An Angel told her that Jesus had risen". Do they still have the Sunrise Service at the Howard Lake, Myrna and I really enjoyed that. In our Day  all of the Local Ministers Participated. Reverend Mitchell of the Methodist Church was more or less the Lead Minister, I am Guessing that Robin Haines might be now, we already have our Cemetery Grave Sites in Grace Lawn, and if Robin is still there Preaching the word of God, we want him to Preach our Services and send us to be with our Precious Lord in Heaven.. We live in Prosper Texas and wish we could be there with all of you to celebrate this Glorious occasion, but we will celebrate it here. Also, as a little boy Growing up in Howard we had Easter Egg Hunts, what fun that was, we are having one today at our Home in Prosper, it should be a Real Blast, it will be for 2 of our 3 Daughters, they are ages 4, 2 and 5 Months. Of course the 5 Month old cannot do it, but Grandpa will carry her around and help her find her Eggs.

Mom70x7

Yes, they still have Sunrise Services at Polk Daniels. The Howard ministers rotate who will be speaking each year.

There is also a breakfast served following the services. It's hosted by a different church than the one supplying the speaker. It also rotates from year to year. Sometimes the breakfast is held at the Cox Building. It's also  a full-out breakfast or just homemade cinnamon rolls, fruit and coffee.

Happy Easter to you and yours!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk