Lyster Family Gathering

Started by genealogynut, January 29, 2007, 01:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

There was a Lyster that lived either where Leon is or just around Dead Man's Curve on the east side of 99.  I can't remember the name of the other family right now, but I think it was Barbara Jay's parents.

frawin

Wilma, Barbara Jay's parents name was Bergman.

Janet Harrington

I'm pretty sure that Barbara Jay said that her parents owned that farm where Leon and Darlene live now.

frawin

Janet,  Barbara's parents, the Bergmans did own it. My brother-in-law, Gordon Buffalow rented it from the family and lived there several years.

Wilma

You are all right.  Their name was Bergman and they owned the farm where Leon is now and Gordon Buffalow did live there for awhile.

Janet Harrington

I can just remember Barbara Jay telling me about that being her family farm.  That was cool.  Barbara Jay was quite the lady.  She always looked grumpy, but once you got to talking to her and joking around, she would be right in there with you.

When her husband, Virgil, died, they were out in the country where they had some land.  Virgil was driving and died at the wheel of the red pickup.  Barbara, a bus driver, grabbed the wheel and was able to guide the truck into the ditch without hitting anything, I think.  I can't remember how she got the sheriff's office notified, but I was the first emergency person on the scene and she was so glad to see me.  She stayed with Virgil until we got arrangements to get him to the funeral home.  Bless her heart, she was a good person.

flo

okay, Marcia, get your Severy History digging gloves on - where did the Lyster's live?????? Another place might be between Hilyards and Pikes, and could have been on the SE side of suicide curve as Wilma suggested.  Course none of this has anything to do with Elk County, except the Lyster's

Ole Granny

I have been lurking long enough!  I do believe the Lyster's property was southeast of the old highway to Severy on 99 before the turn east.  House burned, believe it was lightning.  Now they could have lived somewhere else too.  This was before they moved to Howard.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk