First post and genealogy on Zollars, Reynolds and Gardner families

Started by rzollars, January 24, 2007, 05:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

You might try contacting Clyde Burch--I believe they live in Fredonia now, but lived many years in the Busby area.  Also, the Rothgibs were around Longton.

dandymomma

Well, darn, I got all excited for nothing.  :-[

Sorry I couldn't help.

Buddyboy

Don't worry about it. It was cool to hear about new ones. It is sort of like a jigsaw trying to figure out how to make the pieces fit. I guess like they say, we all connect eventually.

kfclark

Quote from: dandymomma on July 06, 2007, 10:33:19 PM
Anyhoo, I do have a couple pics. And I am desprately trying to remember where I took them. I'm pretty sure it was Severy.

Dandymomma and anyone else with Cemetery Photos,
I encourage you to go to http://www.findagrave.com/index.html and post your pictures (if you can remember where you took them  ;) ), So far the Severy Cemetery only shows 11 Interments and no photos of headstones. This is an amazing database and a great place to share photos, obituaries etc.  You can also post "virtual flowers" on a loved ones grave. Great for those of us who live far away.
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

dandymomma

I finally figured out where I got my "George W." from. I've got a George W TAYLOR. And because we have a couple of Taylor's who married Reynolds', I got the two surnames mixed up. Phew! At least I know I"m not crazy!!!

NMiller

Hello, I am the GGG-grandson of Leatha Reynolds and John W. Miller (The barber).  I stumbled across this site on the net.   I don't know much about the family, but as a child I heard the story of the Union man and his rebel wife who left him (Reynolds) and Lou who was killed in Cuba.  Interesting that it finds it's way down through the years.  I am looking for information about the Miller family.  I think John W. was born in Missouri in 1865, the son of Benjamin, a Union soldier in the 15th Kansas cavalry.  We (Millers) are still around in Texas.  Thanks for any help.
Nelson Miller

greatguns

I had a an uncle William A. Taylor that I believe was related to the Zollars.  I think he told me about his grandpa Zollars that played at dances.  He played the fiddle.  I'll do some asking and see if I can come up with a little more info.

Buddyboy

William A. Taylor....would that be William Allen Taylor m. to Beuna Celine Edwards? He is the first child of my aunt Agness Iona Zollars Taylor Laypath. She was the child of the fiddle playing Matthew Mathias Zollars, my grandfather. My dad was Agness' youngest brother, Elmore Burgess. Their mother was a Reynolds and a sister to Leetha that married John W. Miller referred to in the previous post. Would love to hear more information about William Allen and Beuna Celine's family if you have it.

Leetha Reynolds married John W. Miller. He was born in January 1865 in Kansas. We know he had a brother, Rufus A., born about 1873 in Kansas and that his mother's name was Cynthia born about 1848 in Indiana. John's dad had died and his mother remarried by th 1880 census. John and Rufus are with her and their stepfather, Leroy Hollyfield born about 1851 in North Carolina. Nelson, I have additional information on the John and Leatha Miller family, if you would like to have it and would love to hear what else you can fill in for us.

Scotty Zollars

jarhead

Buddyboy,
Guns can probably fill you in more than me but our Aunt Beuna Taylor still lives in Howard. Uncle Allen died many years ago, I think in the late 70's. They never had any children

greatguns

I believe Uncle Allen died in 1974.  Also Alllen Taylor's younger sister, Wilda Grace married Beuna's brother Chelsea Edwards.  They had two children.  Chelsea Leroy Edwards and Linda Grace Edwards Smith.  I'll get in touch with my Mother and get more info.  Matthew Mathias Zollars was a fiddle player and so was William O. Taylor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk