Main Menu

YOUNGER, Anna

Started by Buddyboy, January 23, 2007, 09:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddyboy

One of the stories of my Reynolds side that cannot be confirmed is that one of my grandma's sisters married an outlaw. Depending on which relative you ask, it was either one of the James boys or one of the Younger boys. Supposedly she is buried in the Longton cemetery and relatives claim to have seen the tombstone. My wife and I have walked most of the cemetery, if not all of it, over the years and have yet to find the elusive woman. Supposedly in the early 1900's Grandpa Matt and Grandma Minnie Zollars went to Kansas City to pick up this lady and bring her back to Longton.  Any history buffs with ideas on this one? This is just one of the lingering questions with this family.

Scotty

genealogynut

Have you checked with the caretaker of the cemetery?  Who is responsible for the Longton cemetery records?  Do you have any clue as to when she died?  If it was after 1921-22, perhaps you may find some information in the funeral records.

Buddyboy

I'm not sure who the caretaker is. Any ideas of how to find that out? When my dad died in 78 it was Roy Crawford. I think he is dead now too. I have looked at the transcriptions that they have at the courthouse and could not locate her. I am also not sure on the death dates as I have only heard it from family members. It would probably be after 1904 because that was when Grandpa and Grandma supposedly went to pick her up in KC.

On another note, how would one find out who the caretaker is or who has the plot records for the Busby cemetery?

Scotty

Wilma

Lloyd Zimmerman at the Zimmerman Funeral Home could certainly tell you.  Possibly Neva Walters, Register of Deeds, could help.  Unfortunately, I don't have an address for either of them.  I know the Register of Deeds is not on line.  Zimmerman is but I don't think I have his e-mail address any more.  If I find it I will send it to you.

Wilma

This is unbelievable but true.  The first place I looked I found Zimmerman's e-mail.  This was good 2 years ago when I was doing business with him.   zfh@sktc.net.  Hope this helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk