180 members

Started by Janet Harrington, January 22, 2007, 08:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Right now I am going to find something that Army Mom has posted and think up a reply for it.   Keep it coming, Army Mom, I promise I will try to respond to everything you post.

Janet Harrington

Mother,  you just spoil these people.

emptynest

I want to post since we are trying to get as many members as possible.  I returned from the northeast part of the state on Monday evening having been up there for a solid week.  The gas was much cheaper, but I have already used it all.

My son had hernia surgery and it was outpatient, but his fever spiked,due to  an infection and had to readmitted to the hospital for an extended time. (4 days).  He is back home recuperating at this time, but very uncomfortable. (It was a "manly" hernia)  No matter how old your kids get, they want mama to be by their side. 

I kept up with the Howard Forum throughout the week---I find I check it as much as I do my email accounts.

Anyway, so much for posting!

Teresa

Quote from: Janet Harrington on January 22, 2007, 09:12:46 PM
Well, of course, Mother.  Everybody wants to be like me!! Or does it go, I want to be like Mike.  Can't remember.

((rolling my eyes)) ::)
uh-huh... suuuure....
What ever!
;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

genealogynut

Emptynest, I am sorry to hear about your son, but do hope that he contirues to improve.  Nice to have you back on the forum.  :)

Janet Harrington

I did hear about your son at choir practice.  We all hope he is doing better as infections are not anything to play around with.  It seems as if more and more people are getting infections from being in surgery or being in the hospital.  When Mother had her heart surgery, she got an infection in her leg where they took one of the veins.  The infection doctor said that the hospital sent her home with it.  He was not happy.  That took a long time to heal as Mother does not heal fast anyway.  Good luck to the "big" boy.  Tell him we all love him.

Teresa

Quote from: Lois Morgan on January 22, 2007, 10:25:42 PM
Whatever the appropriate board would be.............as Clint Eastwood would say........."Go ahead......Make my day"! ;D

I am very proud of all of those who DO post and keep this forum alive. I am starting to  learn the "Internet TV" world  with Kjell as my teacher...and he is a slave drivewr so my forum time is very very limited, but in between times, I will try to get in here more often and give all of you a rough time.(( well ...at least Ta Ta))
**Speaking of..............................

You all should have heard the way that she talked to me at my daughter-in -laws baby shower.
Teri ..my other daughter-in-law, and I ..hosted a baby shower for Rochelle this last Saturday.
Well, Ta Ta was so mean to me. I think it was because Mama Wilma wasn't there, and she thought she could get by with it.
She was just awful to me Mama Wilma.. She didn't use any manners at all with me. And I think you need to know about it!

((Looking at Janet and smiling)))

Oh yeah... just so you all know ..
I was WONDERFUL to her. I didn't comment back to her on any of those mean things she said to me.
Nope.. No sirreeeee, I did not.
I was a very polite and  an angelic example of how a real Lady should behave in public.
Uh-huh~~ I surely surely was.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Me thinketh thee protesteth too much.

Mom70x7

Hey, Wilma - now you're sounding like MY mom.  :)   She said frequently said that, or a variation of it.

Isn't it from Shakespeare? I don't remember which play.

ddurbin

Reading this thread reminds me of something I've seen done on some of the genealogy forums I'm on:  ROLL CALL.  That's where all the members take time to make a short post reminding folks of who they are and perhaps why they're part of the forum.  So to start,  I'm ddurbin, which is short for Dan Durbin.  I grew up in Elk County and attended Moline schools.  Winfield, Ks. is where I live now, but still get back over fairly often since several of my family still are there.  My dad and step-mother, Stub and Barbara Durbin, operate the Swinging Bridge Cafe in Moline, so be sure and stop in there sometime (unpaid advertisement).  Anyway, my main interests are in the history and genealogy boards as I have several branches of my family tree that track back to Elk County clear to the 1880's.  I enjoy doing research, whether it's my family or someone else's, so if you have anyone you'd like to find out more about, let me know.  I'll be glad to help.  From what I've learned from this forum, several others, especially Lois Morgan, would be willing to assist as well.

Now that you've read this, be the next to post or 179 others will send little demons to torment you the rest of your life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk