The Roosevelts

Started by sixdogsmom, September 18, 2014, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Some would probably say that this should be in politics. But since there is no category for history, I am posting here how much I am enjoying the series on PBS this week about the Roosevelts. I really like big documentaries and this is a whopper. The T.R. footage was priceless. Anyone else watching?  ;)
Edie

Diane Amberg

Of course.Thoroughly enjoying it.

Warph

The wife has been watching it and loves it.  I'll start watching all 7 episodes this weekend on PBS ROKU... and what's nice about ROKU, I'll be able to pause it while up for a snack and cold beer or  watching football games.  8)

Good review on it at:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/10/4138865/review-pbs-the-roosevelts-portrays.html?rh=1
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Catwoman

I have caught it when I could...It's wonderful!!

redcliffsw

Theodore Roosevelt's mother was an unreconstructed Southerner.  Her brothers were Confederates.

Sure couldn't tell it by Teddy Roosevelt as he's as much a northeasterner as the other Teddy - Teddy Kennedy.

Roosevelt's father was in the Union League - not good. 

poshchique

Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 18, 2014, 07:35:21 PM
Some would probably say that this should be in politics. But since there is no category for history, I am posting here how much I am enjoying the series on PBS this week about the Roosevelts. I have been watching documentaries for a long time. I would say I like big documentaries and this is a whopper. The T.R. footage was priceless. Anyone else watching? 

Same here, I love documentaries.  For how long is this series going to be on do you know? When is the airtime?  Hope I'll have time to watch it since i'm going to be pretty busy this week.

sixdogsmom

I think the series concluded Saturday, and they did show some reruns yesterday that I did not watch. You might check the PBS schedule on line for future showings.
Edie

poshchique

Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 22, 2014, 10:17:27 AM
I think the series concluded Saturday, and they did show some reruns yesterday that I did not watch. You might check the PBS schedule on line for future showings.

Thanks for the reply.  Checked the website and I might just end up getting the dvd set instead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk