Happy Birthday America

Started by Judy Harder, July 04, 2013, 08:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Happy 237th Birthday, America
I often ponder over things and hold to information, which is absolutely useless to anyone other than me. During these reflections, I will sift through my thoughts, and recall a piece of this information, my mind has for some unknown reason stored away. Such, is the case today as I was thinking about our great Nation, and how far we have come. I hold a deep fondness for the literary charters granting freedom to people. First the Holy Bible, second our Bill of Rights, and of course the reason we are celebrating our 237th Birthday, our Declaration of Independence. Upon further inspection of this great document, I noticed a few things remarkably similar to events which are taking place in our country today.
Keep in mind, when Thomas Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence. He listed 27 oppressions committed against the Colonies, by the, then King of Brittan. It was due to these acts of tyranny, we as a people declared our independence from Great Brittan. So I encourage all, to read The Declaration of Independence, and pay close attention to the oppressions I've spoke of. I am not trying to start a revolution; it's just a revelation which defines irony. How our forefathers put it all they had on the line, to escape, that which we accept as normal today. GOD Bless America and I pray he will continue too, Happy 4th of July everyone....... Joe Love
:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk