East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Four different face books? I have no idea what that means. (Yawn)
   One school comment. I don't think I'd be so public about telling people that you taught anyone to throw spit wads at ''bad" teachers. How does that help anything? Is that how ultra conservative confederates solve problems? Awfully shallow if ya ask me. :-\
Remember, the posts of 6/29/11,#4451,4453 and 4454 will show who said what...after you called me such a liar. Proof!
   Anyway, back to more east coast stuff...boring! But fun...Al does not have pneumonia.The x-ray showed bronchitis, and the chest pain is from irritated scar tissue from the last two times he did have pneumonia.  He is already feeling better, as the antibiotic our doc prescribed was just the ticket.
I did get fitted for my white uniform shirt last night and it was fun to see the parents and kids coming in to see about school uniform fittings or picking up the ones that were ready. Now Mike's seamstress will sew on the shoulder patch and I'll be good to go. I could have done the patch myself, but it comes with the cost of the shirt, so why not?
  It's been fun watching the parent birds trying to wean their babies away. The younger birds are chasing them all around demanding to be fed still, while the adults,who already taught them what to do, are trying to avoid them. One can just about see them saying ,''Go away kid, ya bother me.". My apologies to WC.
My Night Blooming Cereus had two more beautiful blossoms last night that scented the entire front yard. That makes 11 for the summer, so far.
We went out late to watch for meteors, but as soon as we did, a thin layer of clouds covered the sky and hid them. With no moon it should have been a great show. Did any of you go out to look?
We're starting to give away veggies now that we have plenty to share and lots of cukes now. My lack of success from the last two years really was  about ants, they were eating the seeds.We got rid of the ants, no more problem. My back yard neighbor planted blackberries right up against my back fence. A great many poked through  and Sally said I could have any that were on my side...Aw shucks..Blackberries again? YUM.  There were plenty for both of us, and the birds too.

Time to go sweep the deck. It's covered with Magnolia leaves.
Have a good day.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 13, 2015, 06:32:22 AM
Four different face books? I have no idea what that means. (Yawn)

What about four different facebooks?
What are you talking about?
Are you seeing double, twice?
You need help in a bad way!

One school comment. I don't think I'd be so public about telling people that you taught anyone to throw spit wads at ''bad" teachers. How does that help anything? Is that how ultra conservative confederates solve problems? Awfully shallow if ya ask me. :-\

You lack any comprehension about a figure of speech, how did you ever deal with children?

And Diane, I'd much rather be referred to as an ultra conservative confederate than a Yankee extreme left liberal. It shows a lot of common sense. And couple that with being a Veteran and Patriot and concerned citizen makes me really something. Don't ya reckon?

Tis Far Better than being a sheeple of the left, in my opinion.

Remember, the posts of 6/29/11,#4451,4453 and 4454 will show who said what...after you called me such a liar. Proof!

Do you lack the knowledge and ability to learn?
Do you lack the knowledge to post what you wish to quote?
Because typing a bunch of numbers instead of making quotes shows a lack of intelligence in my opinion.
The numbers show nothing whatsoever.

See all the quotes of your friend joesue and the ugliness spewed forward, they tell the real story.
Try it, if you wish to make a point.
Besides you accused me of probably going back and deleting them, which I would never do, because of the honesty in my posts.

If you quote them I can't delete them now can I?  I'm just trying to help you make a difference!

Or just admit, it is way over your head, and your degree is of no help.

Whenever you are done with this tit for tat, I am. 
Just don't call me back to this thread.
Otherwise I'm a die-hard ans will return as promised.
Your call!

Bye-bye   Sleep tight.

Diane Amberg

It's another beautiful day and last night was cool and great for sleeping. We often have a little cool spell here this time of year and then it gets very hot and humid again.
Al got set up for net flix, Acorn and some others awhile back, and we have been overdosing (that's an allegory  ;) on good British Mysteries. I also like the new Boston EMS, very good, and not hokey like some. I really like the way they treat their patients... low key and casual when they can be, and very serious when they have to be. Much like our bunch here.
The one Hispanic Paramedic girl reminds me a bit of me...or how I'd like to be seen. Very professional and competent, but nice, and funny too, when it's appropriate.
Tonight is the August fire company meeting. We'll get all the bills paid, and a social with crabs,sweet corn, toms and salad afterward.This time of year they are huge, full of sweet meat and a little cheaper.(The crabs,not the bills ;)) We are lucky to get good prices since we get several bushels at a time.
   Now I need to decide whether to edit out the posts on here, especially some ridiculous criticisms, ridicule and patronizing of me, or just leave them. Gee, I wonder what I should do. Should I take a vote?

Ross

Quote from: ROSS on August 13, 2015, 09:06:19 PM

Whenever you are done with this tit for tat, I am. 
Just don't call me back to this thread.
Otherwise I'm a die-hard ans will return as promised.
Your call!

Bye-bye   Sleep tight.

So that is your response. To start a new thread!

Called it "Political Opinions from the East Coast" in the political section of the forum, good girl.

And the first four words contiue to show your burning infatuation with me.
Only your infatuation is not short term is it?

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 14, 2015, 09:47:11 AM
I guess since Ross

ROFLMAO

Diane Amberg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I honestly can't post what I'm thinking right now. :angel:
We had a great time cracking crabs last night,with good sweet corn and salad too.It's a shame the peak season is so short. Teresa got to have some beautiful Blue Claws recently too.The same kind we have. I'm sure she enjoyed them. I wonder if someone had to teach her how to open 'em up and what part to eat....Nah,I'm sure she already knew. There is an edge in the air as families are buying shoes and stocking up on school supplies.Lots of sales going on and the stores are getting crowded.
My uniform shirt is ready but I'll not pick it up today. Mike's will be very busy and I can avoid that by going in during the day next week. Time to go fix brunch.

proelkco

Ross, you can't really think anyone could possibly be infatuated with you. Possibly in awe of your stupidity. Why do you even stay in Elk County?

Diane Amberg

EEK ! You used his name! He'll think you rubbed his bottle and will have to arise back here again. ;D ;D ;D

Nice to hear from you Pro. I'm sure there are plenty more folks like you than there are like him.

I'm having a fried bologna sandwich with Miracle Whip, sweet onion and big slices of tomato on 12 grain toast ...for breakfast. That may sound awful for breakfast, but it sure will be good.
I really enjoyed Waldo's article in the Prairie Star.I'm always ready to learn about the area.
I went to Milburn orchards in nearby Maryland again yesterday afternoon, so I'm going to make a big peach cobbler this afternoon.Their yellow freestone peaches are coming in fast now. Of course I had to get some of their cider donuts too.They also have lots of their own jellies and jams,sauces, relishes,  local cookbooks and interesting doodads from around here. It's become quite a destination stop as it has grown and expanded over the years.  Enjoy the day.

proelkco

local fruits and veggies are always the best. and the sandwich sounded great.

Diane Amberg

It was.  We have rain starting to come in now. The flower beds and pots can use it but I don't want too much at once or the toms may split.
I can't help thinking about Roma.I'm just really torn up. She was so nice and always nice to me too.I'll have to follow up somehow.

Diane Amberg

It's a perfect day.The humidity dropped out again yesterday evening, so up went the windows and off went the air conditioner. YAY.
I picked another 3/4 bushel of cukes and another apron full of toms.Tonight we're going to have lamb chops, green fried toms and Lima beans. I love the summer veggies.
I wish I could be there for Roma's memorial.I hope someone takes some photos. I wonder what cemetery she will go to? I'll be thinking of you all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk