East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Whee! What a time we had. I don't think we shut up the whole visit. Al and Larry enjoyed it too, but couldn't get a word in edgewise. HA!
We went to Wesley's for our late lunch and it was delicious as always.Then we drove west further into Maryland to the big Conowingo Dam and hydro electric power plant on the Susquehanna River. Larry used to work for the parent electric company, so it pleased him to see it. There is a nice parking area down by the river where folks can fish and photographers come. We sometimes can find eagles. They would have large babies this time of year and we know where they nest in the forest behind the parking lot, among other places. Since the day was late and the sun was dropping down, I thought we might get lucky.
As we drove down to the bottom of the long lane that goes down a long steep hill to the river, there is a turn on to the flat parking area. On the grass just doing nothing, were a several  hundred Black Vultures! They are black all over, but have silver tips on and under their wings that show when they fly. We found them when we looked up vultures to see what kind they were;they were new to me. They weren't eating anything, just sitting, walking around and showing their wings and preening.They ignored us as we drove by within 20 feet of them.
  There are several large, rocky, but tree covered islands in the middle of the river there with two very tall typical old style electric towers one one of themThe birds enjoy hanging out on them.We sat on a picnic tale high above the river,took some photos and enjoyed the peace and calm there. It has been very hot here and the coolness by the water was very refreshing.  A few minutes later a mature eagle swooped over and several more appeared over the island and landed on the towers. One went right over our heads and back up into the deep trees behind us. I'm sure it went to a nest, but of course that was well hidden from us. We walked back among the river to see those vultures again. As we were leaning on the fence by the river, watching them and the other birds, of many kinds, and watching for fish to jump, the Black Vultures suddenly took off in mass and headed toward the island, probably to settle in for the night.
Yesterday afternoon my friends departed, all going on to other things after they left us. We put my widowed friend Pat on the train to New York City from the little station here in Newark. I am keeping her car safe here. She went up to meet the family of her new "boyfriend." who actually lives in NC. not too far from her. It's getting serious and he want to his family to get to know her.His adult daughters both live in NY, as he had at one time. He's 71 and a very sweet person. He took a train from NC to NYC too.They are going to  see a show and see what there is to see.  We'll pick them up from the south bound train on Monday evening and bring them back here, so we'll get to meet Chet. Then they will take Pat's car and head toward N.C. ,stopping at Pat's sister's house along the way.
We did tour around Newark Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning, including the UD campus. They were amazed it how much it has grown. A big parking building had been built next to the Student Center, so we drove in, picked up the ticket from the machine and had a fun time poking around the SC next door to see how it has changed over 53 years.Some things are exactly the same.
Then came the fun part. As we tried to leave the building, we  collectively couldn't figure out how to get out of the place!. None of the usual ways would make the gate go up. So now we have a new joke. How many senior citizens does it take to get out of a UD parking garage?
SIX!  We finally found the garage "office",which was nowhere near an exit, and paid there.
What adventures we have had!
I was assured that "nobody'' reads what I, as an dreaded outsider, write any longer, so we'll see if I just wasted my time.

Diane Amberg

Reminder to self. Don't feed the trolls. As I figured,"nobody" read my big post. He won't even get the joke.
Trolls have no souls and hate people. They don't deserve any communication with anyone, even if they deliberately set out to hurt people for their own amusement.They really think the world would be a better place if people would just agree with what they think, and do everything their way.They try to make fools of people and it bounces back on them every time.They call people liars who are not, and actually believe their own postings. They can't possibly be Christian and treat people the way they do.They really aren't very bright and are very jealous of those who are. They never get over any perceived slight and keep a  detailed record of every one so they can savor them and use them as excuses to treat people badly.They try to get the goods on anyone for anything, so they can crow and flap their wings and feel superior.They have severe personality defects and association with such people should be limited and could actually be dangerous.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 19, 2015, 10:57:52 AM
Reminder to self. Don't feed the trolls. They have no souls and hate people. They don't deserve any communication with anyone, even if they deliberately set out to hurt people for their own amusement.They really think the world would be a better place if people would just agree with what they think, and do everything their way.They try to make fools of people and it bounces back on them every time.They call people liars who are not, and actually believe their own postings. They can't possibly be Christian and treat people the way they do.They really aren't very bright and are very jealous of those who are. They never get over any perceived slight and keep a  detailed record of every one so they can savor them and use them as excuses to treat people badly.They try to get the goods on anyone for anything, so they can crow and flap their wings and feel superior.They have severe personality defects and association with such people should be limited and could actually be dangerous.

So you slipped back to the Coffee Shop threads to do your trolling and backstabbing  good --- no excellent job. You are so wound up you failed to place spaces between your sentences, good job teacher.

Your write up about a troll explains you to a "T". Superb job Diane !

But associating with you as the troll that you are has not and will not affect my common since or my psychic in any fashion that you describe.  Because, I am a far better person than that. Besides if I didn't feed you as a troll you'd go hungry. LOL

You don't catch me switching threads to bad mouth people on the political thread as you do.

And I had informed you months ago if you summon me I will come. So here, I am responding light heartedly and honestly as promised.

Won't you try to be a good girl and keep it clean and on the political threads. After all, you have done a great deal of complaining about people taking things from the political threads to other threads.

Joesue23

Ross you just keep proving everyone is right, you are the worst thing to happen to the Forum. You think all of your smart remarks are cute but the really confirm your rudeness and stupidity. Everyone I talk to tells me they quit posting because of you and they didn't want you running them down.

Ross

Quote from: Joesue23 on June 19, 2015, 12:55:52 PM
Ross you just keep proving everyone is right, you are the worst thing to happen to the Forum. You think all of your smart remarks are cute but the really confirm your rudeness and stupidity. Everyone I talk to tells me they quit posting because of you and they didn't want you running them down.

You just cant handle the truth.
And the truth is and is especially true with liberals when they are losing an argument do to lack of proof they switch to calling names and any other put down they can come up with.

And it is truly nothing to worry about.

So, I really enjoy your posts and the profuse sweating that they display.

It's fun and humorous. Keep it coming, keep it coming. LOL

You even fail to answer any questions that you are sure to know the answer too.   TCH,TCH !

Diane Amberg

Male trolls who actually expect answers to their rude and intrusive questions are actually eunuchs. They resent the lack of respect they receive and don't know what to do about, it because they are powerless. Feel sorry for them, they don't know any better.
Fight the urge to get even. One cannot hurt someone who is already dead inside.
They prove their status by answering back to comments that they assume were meant for and about themselves, even though their name(s) wasn't/weren't used. After all, who else is important enough to talk about?
They actually think that every word they write is so interesting, exciting and important  that everyone will read their posts and then lie and say they didn't. Yeah, sure. What an ego!
Can anyone tell me why a certain person is so addicted to his hatred for the efforts Elk Konnected made? He just can't get past it or his hatred for some of the people who tried to keep Elk County from dissolving off the map.
That is a very unhealthy mental state.I think some people may be afraid of him because of his uncontrolled tirades.Perhaps he should stay at home and direct his spare energy to where it is actually needed and appreciated.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 19, 2015, 03:51:26 PM
Male trolls who actually expect answers to their rude and intrusive questions are actually eunuchs. They resent the lack of respect they receive and don't know what to do about, it because they are powerless. Feel sorry for them, they don't know any better.
Fight the urge to get even. One cannot hurt someone who is already dead inside.
They prove their status by answering back to comments that they assume were meant for and about themselves, even though their name(s) wasn't/weren't used. After all, who else is important enough to talk about?
They actually think that every word they write is so interesting, exciting and important that people will read their posts and then lie and say they didn't because the poster was put on ignore.What an ego!

Do You really consider everyone as ignorant as yourself, do you? Do you really believe calling people names is the proper way to respond to ernst questions when you have no answers. Names do not always have to be used, implied intentions are often quite enough. And you claim to be educated and have been a grade school teacher at one time.

You come over to the political threads and bad mouth the hell out of a person, then retreat back to here to backstab and then your Obama Liberal attitude fails you tremendously. And you seriously believe you have accomplished something. You have my sincerest heart felt sympathy.

What I do write is of some interest to local people here in Elk County, Kansas but perhaps of no interest to any actual Delaware State citizens which is fine. But when a person such as yourself intrudes with snide and nasty remarks continuously, those remarks and backstabbing cries for a response. Such as the "eunuchs" remark is actually a cry for help. I'd like to suggest that you seek help immediately before you have a complete break down and do something you might regret for life.

You said good bye to the political thread any months ago promising never to return, and you have done that several times and yet you keep coming back.

I on the other hand promised if you called me out after your first backstabbing post on this Coffee Shop thread you started, I promised to return. As you can see I keep my promises. Why don't you keep your promise. I'm sorry you find life so difficult but there is nothing from over a thousand miles away that I can do to help you.

If the stress continues to be to burdensome please call a crisis hot line and don't do anything foolish.

Take care of yourself Diane. And please do request my return again. You know I wll have to return  as I promised you.

Have a great weekend and I hope you get to feel better mentally.

Bye - Bye

Diane Amberg

I'm working on a new project.Fish. Tri State Bird Rescue, nationally known for bird rescue,repair and de-oiling shore birds, has three young Eagles and 2 Ospreys they are raising until they can go out on their own. I have a couple of friends who volunteer there and we are looking for all our fishing friends to dig in their freezers for fish that are "old " or will go catch some fish for the birds.Several have already responded, including me. Tri State is only about two miles from me, so it's nice and close. One pal is going out for more perch.He already donated 5 trout and several other perch.

Diane Amberg

What a fun time we had on Saturday.My life time girl friend and husband were given a 50th anniversary party by their children. Of course it poured all day, but the party was held in a nice room at a golf club in PA. so it didn't matter.It was in a very interesting round rustic room with heavy beams and curved stone benches all around the sides.The property it sits on was once a farm owned by Mary Ann's family, so that was even more special. They had film and photos to show and it seemed strange to see her in her wedding gown and us in our bridesmaid dresses looking so young.

Diane Amberg

The last storm flattened my beans, but I think I'll be able to harvest some soon anyway.Toms are coming on now. I'm still not sure why two of the plants just up and died for no reason that I can find.That has never happened before.I'll still have plenty, but I'll miss the Roma and 4th of July. We're invited to a pool party on Sunday and I think I'll make that nice summer marinated mixed bean salad with the honey mustard dressing.Everyone likes it on a hot day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk