East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

I second that, too, guys.  I love Cat's humor and writing style.  And Cat, I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend, at least better than mine, LOL... 

Haboob Dust Storm Phoenix AZ 7/3/2014

...and Frank, hope I'm not one of those you've blocked.  :laugh: :angel:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

frawin

Warph, I think you are the most respected man on the Forum, along with Waldo and Larry .
Keep on keeping on.

Catwoman

Quote from: Warph on July 10, 2014, 02:54:40 AM

I second that, too, guys.  I love Cat's humor and writing style.  And Cat, I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend, at least better than mine, LOL... 

Haboob Dust Storm Phoenix AZ 7/3/2014

...and Frank, hope I'm not one of those you've blocked.  :laugh: :angel:

Holy cow, Warph...That sand storm looks formidable!  Hope you came through that OK?   I would imagine all that dust could ruin the workings of an AC unit quickly.  I had a wonderful 4th...Sorry yours was dusty!

Catwoman

Quote from: frawin on July 10, 2014, 07:29:10 AM
Warph, I think you are the most respected man on the Forum, along with Waldo and Larry .
Keep on keeping on.

Agreed!  I add you to that list, as well, Frank.  You all are the reason I came back (along with the new ignore option)!!!!!  ;) ;)

Diane Amberg

Gee, I hope I can come out and play now. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Three down and several more to come in late July and early August.  Between summer school kids and  day camps, we've had lots of kids visiting the fire house.The ambulance and engines will be going to Safety Town  Day Camp on July 30, the same day I go there to do a fire safety parent session.
I did my fire works presentation today and it was very well received by the kids,the teachers, parents and the interpreter.  The kids decided that fireworks should stay illegal in Delaware, so adults and fewer children will get hurt even though some people have them illegally.
Delaware is one of just four states that totally bans any kind of fireworks, except for organized events with certified trained people. They have to have a fire engine standing by. Even so, people will get them illegally. If there are injuries or fires there is a hefty fine.
Hope you are all having great weather and lots of fun out there. It's hot here, but it is July after all. Anybody have parade photos or anything to share?

Warph

Quote from: frawin on July 10, 2014, 07:29:10 AM
Keep on keeping on.

Wow... I got to tell you that's one terrific compliment, Frank.  I showed what you said to my wife and she wondered if you had been drinking... lol.  I agree, Larry, Waldo, you Frank, Bull, Jar, Ross, Wilma, Cat, Diane, Six Dogs and a host of others, too many to name, are enjoyable to read.  I'm on a couple of other forums (Military) and I got to say, this is my favorite.  BTW, I saw those wonderful pic's of your back yard area.  Wish mine looked half that good.  Again, thank you.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Thanks, Frank, I am humbled to be included with those people that Warph mentioned.   :-[

This forum is great and I am truly appreciative of all those who are members. 

(from another thread----Warph, you ain't got no beaches and you probably don't have much of a back yard, either.  :laugh:)

I am sure most of you have heard the saying......"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."  They have one for Warph's region, also.  "What grows in Arizona, dies immediately from heat." or something like that.

Hee

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

Diane, don't you just love the way we have turned your thread into a conversation thread?  I do.  I love hearing from everyone about what they are doing and what is going on in their corner.

Catwoman

I agree, Miss Wilma!!!  :D :D  It's so nice to hear what everyone is doing!!!   :D :D

Diane Amberg

Fine with me, as long as I'm allowed to come play too. ;) Now that our upstairs bathroom is close to finished I'm tackling our fourth bedroom that has slowly turned into a sewing, ironing, I-don't- know- where -else- to- put- it- for- right- now room. It was for my nieces when they were little, but at 35 and 29 they are hardly little anymore. Al is making  a long shelf to put all along one wall, one foot down from the ceiling, for more of my Mom's pottery, and more of my small antiques and doodads I picked up while traveling. That will free up bookcase space. While he is working on that shelf, I finally dared to tackle my little linen closet at the end of the upstairs hall. EEK!  ;D
I pulled out a mess of old towels that will go to my vet, since I bought a pile of colorful new ones for the bathroom.  ( I kept a few that had been wedding gifts...can you believe it?) I put a few hand towels in the new vanity and rolled up some wash clothes and put them in a little yellow "sand bucket" on the back of the new toilet. A few extra bath towels are stacked on an old rush bottomed stool. It needs painting, so for now it's bumped and bruised, "shabby chic."
I'm using a big scallop shell as a dish for my nail brush and thought about my big abalone shell as a soap dish, but I usually use liquid soap there. Perhaps I'll get Al to put a high shelf over the bathroom door for my big jar of sea glass. I thought about draping up some fish net with a big sea fan, seashells, star fish and glass floats, but I've decided that's 'way too much for that small room...maybe in the bedroom? ;D I had a huge shed horse shoe crab shell at one time, but it finally disintegrated. I'll have to go hunt for a new one. Hope you folks are having a super Sunday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk