ParaHawking

Started by Warph, March 16, 2013, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

British born Scott Mason stopped in Nepal on a round the world travel trip to try his hand at paragliding. There he had an idea of training birds of prey to fly with the paragliders so the passengers could get a first hand view of the birds in flight. Ten years later he runs a bird rescue centre, a guest house and parahawking trips for tourists visiting the picturesque town of Pokhara in central Nepal.

Paragliding with an Egyptian Vulture, the first in the world to be trained to fly with paragliders. We took off from the top of Sarankot Hill, on the outskirts of Pokhara, Nepal. Being in the bird's natural habitat 2500ft above Fewa Tal lake with the Himalayas as backdrop was just breathtaking- definitely one of the coolest things I've done! If you fancy giving it a go, check out www.parahawking.com.

For more information on Parahawking in Nepal or in Spain, go to:
Website - http://www.parahawking.com
Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/parahawking

This is a round up of some of the best moment of the 2010/2011 Parahawking season in Nepal. I really tried to make it no more than 10 minutes I promise but with so much great footage, it was hard to cut it down. I make no apologies if you think it's still too long ;)

Thanks to all my lovely smiling passengers, you and helping save the vultures are the reasons why we do this. I tried to get most of you in but had to be a bit ruthless otherwise it would have been 2 hours long. So if you're not here, I apologies, maybe you'll be in the next cut.

If you watched it all the way through, thank you!

Share the Sky, save the vultures!

Ps: Lots of people asking who did the version of "Sweet Child Of Mine" at the end, it is Akasha ft. Neneh Cherry.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk