Agnes Miller died February 23,2013

Started by frawin, February 23, 2013, 07:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I got a call earlier today that my 3rd grade teacher and lifelong friend, Agnes  Miller had passed away. I know when I stopped at the Nursing Home yesterday they told me she was still in the Hospital at Eureka and not doing well. Up until the last couple of months she could tell me who I was.

Janet Harrington

Oh, gosh. How sad. How old was she, Frank? Do you know?

frawin

Janet, I am not sure but I think she was around 96 or 97. I know my second grade teacher , Margaret  Gragg will be 99 in March.
Frank

Janet Harrington

And Helen Hinkle will be turning 98 or 99 in March or April. I know this is on Agnes' thread, but just saw Helen tonight and she gets along just fantastic.

Agnes was always such a good woman. I didn't ever have her as a teacher, but I always enjoyed talking with her and she was always good about calling to ask about mom and dad. She will be missed, but she has the better end of the deal.

frawin

Helen will be 99 14 days after Margaret. Myrna and I had coffee with Helen recently. Also Helen, Margaret, and Myrna's Aunt Dorothy graduated from Piedmont , Dorothy was one year behind Margaret and Helen. Tough ladies.
Frank

Janet Harrington

greatguns

Sorry to hear of her passing.  My Aunt and her were such good friends!

Jo McDonald

Agnes was my second grade teacher at High Hill School.  That was her first teaching job,
she also taught our daughter Sherri .  She was a great teacher and a wonderful friend.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk