ALLEN, Jerry Ray - b. January 17, 1937 - d. February 14, 2013

Started by Janet Harrington, February 15, 2013, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Jerry Ray Allen, age 76, a resident of rural Howard, Kansas, passed away Thursday, February 14, 2013 at his home. He was born in Sedgwick County, Kansas on January 17, 1937, the son of Arthur and Fanny (Milton) Allen.

On July 20, 1978 Jerry was united in marriage to Norma J. Criger. Jerry was a lifelong rancher who loved working with his horses and cattle. He raised and trained many colts throughout his working years. Jerry was a member of the Kansas Rifle Association, NRA, AQHA and Farm Bureau. He enjoyed spending time with his family and grandchildren.

Jerry is survived by his wife, Norma Allen of Howard, Kansas; two sons, John Borst and Scott Borst and his wife Leanna all of Pratt, Kansas; one daughter, Cindy Borst of Great Bend, Kansas;  one step-son, Dan Harrison and his wife, Carla of Haysville, Kansas; nine grandchildren; and thirteen great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents; one brother, Wayne Allen; and two sisters, Pauline Young and Lorrine Cowell.

Graveside funeral services will be held at 2:30 p.m. Friday, February 22, 2013 at Grace Lawn Cemetery in Howard, Kansas. Visitation will be Friday from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Family suggests contributions be made to the Harry Hynes Hospice and may be left with the funeral home. Online condolence may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com. Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

flo

Norma has asked me to announce that Jerry's service will be at the funeral home instead of graveside, due to the weather. I have posted in the announcements, but in case someone misses it there, will also post here,
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

patyrn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk