Gardening

Started by Growit1, February 12, 2013, 03:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Growit1

Anyone interested in starting a garden forum for Elk Co.?

sixdogsmom

Edie

readyaimduck

That would be great!
ready

Wilma

I would love to hear about gardens and what everybody is growing or trying to grow.  At the moment,  I have crocus and snowdrops in bloom.  There are jonquils coming up and the surprise lilies are about 4 inches tall.  I was hoping to get a few inches of snow, but looks as if that isn't going to happen this time.

Diane Amberg

flintauqua

I have to say something here.  It may just be coincedence, but I made a post earlier today about "Economic Gardening" and how it fits into the realm of Economic Development.  Within an hour, Growit1 had joined the forum and started this thread.

I am a member of many discussion groups on Indeed, and other professional networking social media sites.  Everytime the term Economic Gardening is used in one of our conversations, within an hour or so there is someone posting about gardening, and they eventually begin trolling for information and spamming the thread with adverts for gardening products.

So, make of that what you will.  I hope it's just paranoia seeping out of certain other threads on this Forum and into my brain. 

Does Tylenol Cold and Flu help get rid of that?
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Diane Amberg

Spammers do sneak in from time to time, but since gardeners are incurable optimists,I hope this will be real and fun. I've already been drooling over the new pile of catalogs.

Growit1

Quote from: flintauqua on February 12, 2013, 10:12:31 PM
I have to say something here.  It may just be coincedence, but I made a post earlier today about "Economic Gardening" and how it fits into the realm of Economic Development.  Within an hour, Growit1 had joined the forum and started this thread.

I am a member of many discussion groups on Indeed, and other professional networking social media sites.  Everytime the term Economic Gardening is used in one of our conversations, within an hour or so there is someone posting about gardening, and they eventually begin trolling for information and spamming the thread with adverts for gardening products.

So, make of that what you will.  I hope it's just paranoia seeping out of certain other threads on this Forum and into my brain. 

Does Tylenol Cold and Flu help get rid of that?

Yes you're definitely paranoic! I've lived in Elk Co. for many years and just thought a local garden forum would be fun.

upoladeb

Since i've finally got last years residue cleaned up and the memories of last years bugs and drought are fading in my mind,i'm ready.Elk county usually is a beautiful place to grow.I've been doing raised beds it helps alot with drainage.

Bullwinkle

I'm ready for a trip to Arnolds. Daffodils are up with buds on them. It would have been nice to have gotten more snow for sure , Wilma. I think I lost a Rhododendron this winter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk