John Cliver

Started by Judy Harder, October 27, 2012, 09:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

6:30am Mar 31 
He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem. Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. Isaiah 53:3-4.

It was not his looks that brought people to Jesus; it was his heart, his message, the fact that in him was embodied the love of God. And he was punished so that we did not have to be. He was the Living Message of God and people knew it. - Happy Resurrection Day and Happy Easter.
:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

8:52am Apr 1 
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. Psalm 14:1.

Take God out of you heart and there is no god center to what you do. Everything is subjective, everything is what you feel is good, there is no moral core. Take away God and you take away decency, goodness, all that is God-centered, and you have nothing left. What a sad life.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

5:32am Apr 2 
"Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the Twelve aside and said to them, 'We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!'" Matthew 20: 17-19.

The Jewish leaders thought they were getting rid of a minor irritant, when they were trying to subvert the will of God and fulfilling the will of God both at the same time. Jesus knew this and knew his part in it all. The apostles didn't and were confused. We are often confused by the unrolling of the might will of God, but if we but trust him, as Jesus did, we will know what is right, even if it seems horrendous and terrible to us. It is part of trusting in God and his plan.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

8:22am Apr 3 
"Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2.

For joy he endured shame and death. It is the joy of the Lore that gives us strength. As long as we keep that joy in sight, we will be able to endure whatever comes along, just as Jesus did. When we follow Jesus, we follow one who suffered and died. And as he lived, so shall we.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace." Ephesians 1:7.

It is only through Jesus that we have anything good in this life or in the life to come. Through him we can come back to God and receive the joy we once felt as children of God. Through him we can be truly forgive of all the mistakes we have made in our lives,. Through him we have grace and the knowledge that no matter how far from God we may have gone that we can come back. Through him is the spring of love.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

8:48am Apr 9 
Would like to ask that we all lift John and Ella up in prayer Ella went to the ER last night and they kept her over night . Not sure at this time what is wrong but will let you know.they have come under fire by the enemy and they need all our prayers so please just bombard heaven with me.They are good people and willing servants of GOD no weapon formed against them shall stand.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Ella Mochman Cliver 8:09am Apr 24 
I AM FINALLY HOME!! Yesterday the doctor told me I was well enough to be at home by myself, so I went back to the nursing home and checked out. It was so good to get to sleep in my own bed in my own house last night. Then to just get up this morning and do my regular morning routine. Nobody woke me up to take pills or blood or any of those other nasty things they do to you in hospitals and nursing facilities. Praise God for getting me through this part of my illness.
Now we just have to get John home, too. He has moved to the rehabilitation part of the VA hospital in Wichita. His spirits seemed much better yesterday evening and he was actually eating some food with the other guys in the facility. Pray for his strength to return as well as the cancer and broken bones to be healed.
We give all the glory to God.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Ella Mochman Cliver
8:51am May 23 
Proverbs 15:30 A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health.
When we are saddened by something that has happened to us or is going on around us, we do not feel like smiling or showing happiness in any form. But if we just go ahead and put a smile on our face so that we have a "cheerful look" it will make us feel happier. So show a smile and not a frown. You will feel happier and so will everyone with whom you come in contact.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Ella Mochman Cliver posted in Christian Community Church of Longton Kansas
Ella Mochman Cliver 8:13am Jun 30 
Psalm 148:13-14
Let them all praise the name of the Lord.
For his name is very great;
his glory towers over the earth and heaven!
14 He has made his people strong,
honoring his faithful ones—
the people of Israel who are close to him.
Praise the Lord!

This psalm lists out all of heaven and earth and all God's creation and then ends in this final verse encouraging all of creation to praise the Lord. On this day that we come together to worship our Savior, we all should praise the name of the Lord for his name is very great. Let all God's people join together today to praise Him.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk