Peanut Butter, Sal Monella, Vitamin D and Me

Started by Warph, October 06, 2012, 11:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

"Sal Monella's High School Graduation Picture"

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says there are now 30 illnesses in 19 states that can be traced to the Trader Joe's peanut butter. No other foods have been linked to the illnesses, but Sunland recalled other products manufactured on the same equipment as the Trader Joe's product.

Those sickened reported becoming ill between June 11 and Sept. 11, according to the CDC. Almost two-thirds of those who became ill were children under the age of 10. No deaths have been reported.

Salmonella can cause diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps 12 hours to 72 hours after infection, which is known as salmonellosis. It is most dangerous to children, the elderly and others with weak immune systems.

The bacteria is microscopic and passes from feces of people or animals to other people, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service. Salmonellosis causes an estimated 1.4 million cases of foodborne illness and more than 400 deaths annually in the United States.

In addition to Trader Joe's, the recall includes nut products sold at Whole Foods Market, Target, Fresh & Easy, Giant Food, Harry and David, Stop & Shop Supermarket Company and several other stores. Some of the stores used Sunland ingredients in items they prepared and packaged themselves. Brand names recalled include Archer Farms, Earth Balance, Fresh & Easy, Late July, Heinen's, Joseph's, Natural Value, Naturally More, Open Nature, Peanut Power Butter, Serious Food, Snaclite Power, Sprouts Farmers Market, Sprout's, Sunland and Dogsbutter, among others.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57523769/us-peanut-butter-recall-expands-to-more-stores-including-whole-foods-target/

Look... when I buy my salmonella, I want the pure stuff.  I don't want it gunked up with peanut butter, never mind organic peanut butter, which is just peanut butter with bug parts.

Sure, the MSM has spun it to make it look like it's their precious peanut butter... staple of every kid's lunch... that's been deleteriously affected.  But how about those of us who have slowly built up an immunity to salmonella poisoning by deliberately consuming small portions of the unadulterated bacterium over a period of years?

Read this list of 240 PB-infected "sally" products.  "Organic" this and "all-natural" that.  Just like Mother Nature intended.  If she were trying to kill you.  Which she always is: http://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls/default.htm

Please note the brand that's missing: good old-fashioned crap Skippy's.  Remember that the next time someone tries to foist the pricier "non-synthetic" version of something on you.  Give me a pinch of salmonella and a scoop of pesticides and a dose of asbestos every time.  Bug-immune and fireproof. The only way to go through life.

Oh.... and vitamin D does not prevent colds:

A new study conducted in The Journal of the American Medical Association says there is no evidence that taking vitamin D supplements prevents the common cold.

The study says the number of upper respiratory infections wasn't any lower with large monthly doses of vitamin D than with placebo, at a mean of 3.7 versus 3.8 per person, for a non-significant risk reduction of just 3 percent, reports ABC News.

Read more at: http://www.latinospost.com/articles/4990/20121004/vitamin-d-prevent-colds-study.htm#75D3QhkrQsqfEXoL.99
and at: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ColdandFlu/vitamin-match-common-cold/story?id=17386701#.UG2yiE3A-jv

All Vitamins are bunk.  You don't need them.  Even in food.  I've lived on a diet that is 100% elastic and pork scrapings for 20 years, and I have the immune system of a Chernobyl survivor.

....Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk