Busby Cemetery Transcriptions

Started by genealogynut, December 09, 2006, 03:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

Marcia I wonder why anyone would steal a gravestone?  I have a relative buried in Wilson Cemetery and the stone appears to be stolen. 

frawin

K.R. Leewright lived about a 1/4 mile NW of the Busby Store. Karen, I had forgotten about Lillis, she was younger than me.

Marcia Moore

I do not understand why anyone would steal a gravestone, or why anyone would vandalize a gravestone, either.  Anyone who would do these things in my opinion is sick.  Vandalism happens everywhere, and way too often.  As for theft of a tombstone, I don't think you'll find that very much, but there are lots of graves out there without tombstones.  Sometimes it is because the family never purchased one.

jarhead

Frank,
I think the late Margret Hogan was also a daughter of the Leewrights. I think they lived straight west of Lawrence Jontra, about where Randy and Julie Young live now

frawin

Quote from: jarhead on March 16, 2011, 07:49:24 PM
Frank,
I think the late Margret Hogan was also a daughter of the Leewrights. I think they lived straight west of Lawrence Jontra, about where Randy and Julie Young live now

Ron, did she graduate from Longton. I can't locate her in the Howard Graduate records I have. They would have been about as close to Longton as they were Howard.

jarhead

Margret went back to high school, in Longton, in the 60's, after she got a divorce. She had a son just a couple grades behind her in school and another that must of been in the 7th or 8th grade. At the time they were living in Elk Falls and it seems like maybe she only needed that senior year to graduate---but i aint positive about that,or if she ever graduated. seems like after that her and her husbank hooked back up

Bonnie M.

Margaret graduated from Longton High School in 1967.  I only know that because she graduated with our daughter, Cathy.
Bonnie

patyrn

Are you sure she was a Leewright?  That is the year I graduated from high school, and I don't recall that family having any children of that generation.  I thought Lillis was the youngest.

frawin

Ron, Karen and Bonnie, Elizabeth and Margaret were one in the same, I am sure. I found in the records of the 1953 class of Howard High, Elizabeth Leewright Hogan. It shows she graduated in 1953, but she may have quit before graduation then later returned to Longton to finish.

jarhead

I might have been wrong about  Margaret being "the late". Her last husband passed away ( I think) but maybe not her. I'll try and find out. Yes Miss Bonnie, Margaret was in Cathy's senior class. I was pretty young back then but I seem to remember that

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk