Burchfield--DeVore Marriage

Started by genealogynut, November 27, 2006, 06:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gayle

This site is hard for me to figure out.  I'm not sure if I'm replying to W. Gray or Marcia Moore or both!  Nevertheless, thank you both for responding to me.

Raymond Burchfield was my grandfather's brother.  His daughter, Mary Burchfield Wyss is living out her in California not far from me and as a matter of fact, when I went to visit Howard, Kansas a few years back, I took Mary with me.  She remembered traveling to Howard when she was younger.  I also took my mother, she is Delnia Burchfield Osburn.  He father was Bernard Schley Burchfield.  Bernard and Ray went to school in Howard.

Raymond and Bernard were the sons of John Quincy Burchfield II and Clarine Barber.  They moved to California and are buried out here in Los Angeles.

Is there someone who has information on the Burchfields, especially Mahala.  I have lots of information on the family, but I'm still looking.  John Quincy Burchfield I went to Kokomo, Indiana and is buried there.  I went to Kokomo to check it out and was so happy to have found him.  I have the divorce papers for he and Mahala, but I don't know much about her or where she is buried. 

Thanks, Gayle

Janet Harrington

John Quincy Burchfield II was the son of Sheriff J.Q. Burchfield.  I am sorry that I had not seen this post until today.  I will dig into my research on the Sheriffs of Elk County and see what all I have from the newspapers.  Sheriff Burchfield and his wife had about three children who died in infancy.  They are buried in the Longton Cemetery.  I will get all of that and see what I can post for you.  It will take me awhile, however; as I am not home but 2 days out of every week. 

Janet Harrington

J. Q. Burchfield was the first elected (by the people) sheriff of Elk County.  Sheriff Riley was appointed by the governor when Howard County split. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk