Topic For Debate

Started by Wilma, November 01, 2011, 10:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Resolved:  That it takes longer for a long, lean mouse to get through a hole than it does a short, fat mouse.

Judy Harder

Probably depends if  cat is chasing him...........and You gotta do what you must to survive.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Also depends on what you are using for "de bate."

(Sorry...........couldn't let that one go by without a witty retort.)

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

I fiigure that the short fat mouse gets stuck in the hole and the long lean mouse has to find another hole so they both get through at the same time.

W. Gray

When I lived in Mulvane, south of McConnell AFB, many years ago, I had a mouse invasion one year. I trapped 24 mice in a very short time before calling an exterminator.

He found a colony living under the air conditioning slab and they were somehow getting into the house. He told me that a mouse could maneuver itself through a quarter inch size hole. I have always doubted that but maybe it is true.

One of the 24 mice I caught was running in the basement. I was on my way to spend two weeks in Indiana on reserve duty. I took after it with a broom but he was to fast. I then dropped a bucket over it and then could not figure out how to lift the bucket and capture him. So, I just left the bucket where it was and left for those two weeks. 

After I returned, I went to the basement. Right away I could tell from the odor that was a bad mistake to leave a bucket over a live mouse. Even had to throw the bucket away.

After the exterminators visit, though, I never had another problem.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk