HELP HELP HELP

Started by flo, August 14, 2011, 10:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Okay, fellow forumites, I really need a good remedy.  Last evening I was cutting sapplings, etc. out of the flowers by the garage.  There were some dead weeds that I just bent over so I could cut those with the lawnmower.  Felt something scratching under my arm so stepped back into the grass to see what it was and OMG my shoes, socks and shirt were not only covered, but MATTED with stick-tights.  HOW DO I GET THEM OFF MY SHOES AND SOCKS???????  There weren't that many on my shirt so think I can just pick those off.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

srkruzich

what about hair conditioner.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Judy Harder

Flo, when we lived out at Busby, I had 4 teenagers who all wore crew socks.
Bobby and Robyn were very good about picking them out of their socks...........David and Terry (step-son) was not.
In fact I had trouble getting Terry to wear shoes and the sticktights just embedded them.
Now all 4 of them would put their socks in the wash..oh, my neat kids would, David and Terry I had to search their room and believe me it was a booby-trap in there.............they had a room upstairs and most time their door was shut..........Yep, you got the picture...oh  Terry and Robyn were same age............and my three were 3 years apart...........so each one was starting highschool or finishing.................sigh, oh the good ole days.......wouldn't mind living it over a little......but it came wash day and they had stick tights on them, I would just throw them away ...............oh, I did try to convince them to pick them off theirselves, but when you have slobs, and kids who give you hugs, yet.....it sort of gets by.  If you put them in the wash they just get worse....if you can't pick them out of the socks you might have to go that way. I kind o think that if you might get them out of the shoes with patience. might try olive oil/vaseline..........baby oil..........manual picking should work. I do not envy you a bit. (Be glad that wasn't poison ivy!) that would have been my luck.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

srkruzich

sigh my puddy came in with them in all of his fur :(  Can't find my slicker brush.

Diane Amberg

I've had a little luck with heavy duty velcro.Let them hook on and pull off. Sometimes heavy duct tape helps too, but mostly I just use a tweezer, and cuss a lot.

flo

YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - I found a new use for duct tape.  I wrapped about 6" (sticky side out) around my hand and patted the shoes and the stick-tites clung to the tape.  When one side was full, just slipped it off my hand and turned it around.  Took 3 pieces to tape to clean the shoes and shirt, but it done the job.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

srkruzich

Quote from: flo on August 22, 2011, 09:54:38 AM
YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - I found a new use for duct tape.  I wrapped about 6" (sticky side out) around my hand and patted the shoes and the stick-tites clung to the tape.  When one side was full, just slipped it off my hand and turned it around.  Took 3 pieces to tape to clean the shoes and shirt, but it done the job.

Been the universal cureall for many things

Diane Amberg

That's great, glad it worked for you Flo.

farmgal67357

Duct tape forever! Flo, you need to watch the Red Green Show! Red uses duct tape for anything and everything!
Lisa

Possum Lodge Man's Prayer
"I'm a man, I can change, If I have to, I guess."
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk