Happy Independence Day

Started by Judy Harder, July 04, 2011, 08:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Daily New Life

Facing Fears
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for
I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you.
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 NLT

We live in a world that is, at times, a frightening place. We live in a world that is, at times, a discouraging place. We live in a world where life-changing losses can be so painful and so profound that it seems we will never recover. But, with God's help, and with the help of encouraging family members and friends, we can recover.

During the darker days of life, we are wise to remember the words of Jesus, who reassured His disciples, saying, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid" (Matthew 14:27 NIV). Then, with God's comfort and His love in our hearts, we can offer encouragement to others. And by helping them face their fears, we can, in turn, tackle our own problems with courage, determination, and faith.

God knows that the strength that comes from wrestling with our fear will give us wings to fly. - Paula Rinehart

His hand on me is a father's hand, gently guiding and encouraging. His hand lets me know He is with me, so I am not afraid. - Mary Morrison Suggs

Adversity is always unexpected and unwelcomed. It is an intruder and a thief, and yet in the hands of God, adversity becomes the means through which His supernatural power is demonstrated. - Charles Stanley

Facing our deepest fears means making peace with our seen self and with our unseen self. - Sheila Walsh

Today's Prayer
Father, even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because You are with me. Thank You, Lord, for Your perfect love, a love that casts out fear and gives me strength and courage to meet the challenges of this world. Amen

:angel:

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Daily New Life

Infinite Possibilities
Is anything too hard for the LORD?
Genesis 18:14 KJV

Are you afraid to ask God to do big things in your life? Is your faith threadbare and worn? If so, it's time to abandon your doubts and reclaim your faith in God's promises.

Ours is a God of infinite possibilities. But sometimes, because of limited faith and limited understanding, we wrongly assume that God cannot or will not intervene in the affairs of mankind. Such assumptions are simply wrong.

God's Holy Word makes it clear: absolutely nothing is impossible for the Lord. And since the Bible means what it says, you can be comforted in the knowledge that the Creator of the universe can do miraculous things in your own life and in the lives of your loved ones. Your challenge, as a believer, is to take God at His word, and to expect the miraculous.

God is the silent partner in all great enterprises. - Abraham Lincoln

If we take God's program, we can have God's power—not otherwise. - E. Stanley Jones

You can believe in the Holy Spirit not because you see Him, but because you see what He does in people's lives when they are surrendered to Christ and possess His power. - Billy Graham

The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us. - Anonymous

Today's Prayer
Dear God, nothing is impossible for You—keep me always mindful of Your strength. When I lose hope, give me faith; when others lose hope, let me tell them of Your glory and Your works. Today, Lord, let me expect the miraculous, and let me trust in You. Amen

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Daily New Life

Contagious Faith
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord, not for men.
Colossians 3:23 NIV

The stronger your faith, the better you can rise above the inevitable stresses of turbulent times. And the more enthused you are about your faith, the better you can share it.

Are you genuinely excited about your faith? And do you make your enthusiasm known to those around you? Or are you a "silent ambassador" for Christ? God's preference is clear: He intends that you stand before others and proclaim your faith.

Genuine, heartfelt Christianity is contagious. If you enjoy a life-altering relationship with God, that relationship will have an impact on others—perhaps a profound impact.

Does Christ reign over your life? Then share your testimony and your excitement. The world needs both.

Don't take hold of a thing unless you want that thing to take hold of you. - E. Stanley Jones

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. - Charles Kingsley

Your enthusiasm will be infectious, stimulating, and attractive to others. They will love you for it. They will go for you and with you. - Norman Vincent Peale

When we wholeheartedly commit ourselves to God, there is nothing mediocre or run-of-the-mill about us. To live for Christ is to be passionate about our Lord and about our lives. - Jim Gallery

Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, let me be an enthusiastic participant in life. And let my enthusiasm bring honor and glory to You. Amen

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 15, 2011     

Daily New Life

Finding Real Fulfillment in Turbulent Times

For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined . . . we went through fire and through water; but You brought us out to rich fulfillment.
Psalm 66:10–12 NKJV

Everywhere we turn, or so it seems, the world promises fulfillment, contentment, and happiness. But the contentment that the world offers is fleeting and incomplete. Thankfully, the fulfillment that God offers is all encompassing and everlasting.

Sometimes, amid the inevitable hustle and bustle of life-here-on-earth, we can forfeit—albeit temporarily—the joy of Christ as we wrestle with the challenges of daily living. Yet God's Word is clear: fulfillment through Christ is available to all who seek it and claim it. Count yourself among that number. Seek first a personal, transforming relationship with Jesus, and then claim the joy, the fulfillment, and the spiritual abundance that the Shepherd offers His sheep.

We are made for God, and nothing less will really satisfy us.
Brennan Manning

Find satisfaction in Him who made you, and only then find satisfaction in yourself as part of His creation.
St. Augustine

We are never more fulfilled than when our longing for God is met by His presence in our lives.
Billy Graham

Our sense of joy, satisfaction, and fulfillment in life increases, no matter what the circumstances, if we are in the center of God's will.
Billy Graham

Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, when I turn my thoughts and prayers to You, I feel peace and fulfillment. But sometimes, when I am distracted by the busyness of the day, fulfillment seems far away. Today, let me trust Your will, let me follow Your commands, and let me accept Your peace. Amen

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Daily New Life

Christ's Abundance

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
John 10:10 NKJV

The familiar words of John 10:10 convey this promise: Jesus came to this earth so that you might have a life of abundance. But what, precisely, did Christ mean when He talked of the abundant life? Was He promising His followers an abundance of fame and fortune? Hardly. The Prince of Peace came to this world, not to give it prosperity, but to give it salvation. Thankfully for Christians, our Savior's abundance is both spiritual and eternal; it never falters—even if we do—and it never dies. We need only to open our hearts to Him, and His grace becomes ours.

The spiritual abundance that Jesus promises is, indeed, available to you. Your task, as a follower of the One from Galilee, is to accept Christ's abundance and to claim His gifts. The fullness of life in Christ can—and should—be yours, but no one can claim those riches on your behalf . . . you must claim them for yourself.

Do you sincerely seek the riches that our Savior offers to those who give themselves to Him? Then follow Him completely and obey Him without reservation. Follow Him today, tomorrow, and every day that you live. When you do, you will receive the love and the abundance that He has promised.

Seek first the personal transformation that is available through a genuine relationship with Christ, and then claim the joy, the peace, and the spiritual abundance that the Shepherd offers His sheep.

The only way you can experience abundant life is to surrender your plans to Him.
Charles Stanley

Jesus wants Life for us, Life with a capital L.
John Eldredge

We honor God by asking for great things when they are a part of His promise. We dishonor Him and cheat ourselves when we ask for molehills where He has promised mountains.
Vance Havner

Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, You have offered me the gift of abundance through Your Son. Thank You, Father, for the abundant  life that is mine through Christ Jesus. Let me accept His gifts and use them always to glorify You. Amen

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Daily New Life

God's Guides Us Through Turbulent Times

The steps of the Godly are directed by God. He delights in every detail of their lives.
Psalm 37:22 NLT

The Bible promises that God will guide you if you let Him. Your job, of course, is to let Him. But sometimes, you will be tempted to do otherwise. Sometimes, you'll be tempted to go along with the crowd; other times, you'll be tempted to do things your way, not God's way. When you feel those temptations, resist them.

What will you allow to guide you through the coming day: your own desires (or, for that matter, the desires of your friends)? Or will you allow God to lead the way? The answer should be obvious. You should let God be your guide. When you entrust your life to Him completely and without reservation, God will give you the strength to meet any challenge, the courage to face any trial, and the wisdom to live in His righteousness. So trust Him today and seek His guidance. When you do, your next step will be the right one.

Are you serious about wanting God's guidance to become a personal reality in your life? The first step is to tell God that you know you can't manage your own life; that you need His help.
Catherine Marshall

I believe that the Creator of this universe takes delight in turning the terrors and tragedies that come with living in this old, fallen domain of the devil and transforming them into something that strengthens our hope, tests our faith, and shows forth His glory.
Al Green

God will prove to you how good and acceptable and perfect His will is when He's got His hands on the steering wheel of your life.
Stuart & Jill Briscoe

Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, You always stand ready to guide me. Let me accept Your guidance, today and every day of my life. Lead me, Father, so that my life can be a tribute to Your grace, to Your mercy, to Your love, and to Your Son.
Amen

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 18, 2011     

Daily New Life

Confidence Restored

I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world.
John 16:33 MSG

Are you a confident, faithful believer, or do you live under a cloud of uncertainty and doubt? As a Christian, you have many reasons to be confident. After all, God is in His heaven; Christ has risen; and you are the recipient of God's grace. Despite these blessings, you may, from time to time, find yourself being tormented by stressful, destructive emotions—and you are certainly not alone.

During turbulent times like these, even the most faithful Christians are overcome by occasional bouts of fear and doubt. And you are no different. But even when you feel very distant from God, remember that God is never distant from you. When you sincerely seek His presence, He will touch your heart, calm your fears, and restore your confidence.

Bible hope is confidence in the future.
Warren Wiersbe

Feelings of confidence depend upon the type of thoughts you habitually occupy. Think defeat, and you are bound to be defeated.
Norman Vincent Peale

Jesus gives us the ultimate rest, the confidence we need, to escape the frustration and chaos of the world around us.
Billy Graham

Believe and do what God says. The life-changing consequences will be limitless, and the results will be confidence and peace of mind.
Franklin Graham

Today's Prayer

Lord, You are my Savior and my Sustainer. I will be safe with You in heaven, and I am safe with You here on earth. Today, I will trust in Your promises, and I will be a confident, obedient, purposeful servant to Your Son.  Amen

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

A Worthy Disciple
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 NIV

When Jesus addressed His disciples, He warned that each one must, "take up his cross and follow me." The disciples must have known exactly what the Master meant. In Jesus' day, prisoners were forced to carry their own crosses to the location where they would be put to death. Thus, Christ's message was clear: in order to follow Him, Christ's disciples must deny themselves and, instead, trust Him completely. Nothing has changed since then.

If we are to be disciples of Christ, we must trust Him and place Him at the very center of our beings. Jesus never comes "next." He is always first.

Do you seek to be a worthy disciple of Christ? Then pick up His cross today and every day that you live. When you do, He will bless you now and forever.

Discipleship is a daily discipline: we follow Jesus a step at a time, a day at a time. - Warren Wiersbe

Discipleship means personal, passionate devotion to a Person, our Lord Jesus Christ. - Oswald Chambers

Discipleship is a decision to live by what I know about God, not by what I feel about Him or myself or my neighbors. - Eugene Peterson

Discipleship means allegiance to the suffering Christ, and it is therefore not at all surprising that Christians should be called upon to suffer. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, thank You for the gift of Your Son Jesus, my personal Savior. Let me be a worthy disciple of Christ, and let me be ever grateful for His love. I will praise You always, Father, as I give thanks for Your Son and for Your everlasting love. Amen

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 20, 2011     

Daily New Life

He Overcomes
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

The hope that the world offers is fleeting and imperfect. The hope that God offers is unchanging, unshakable, and unending. It is no wonder, then, that when we seek security from worldly sources, our hopes are often dashed and our stresses are often increased. Thankfully, God has no such record of failure.

Where will you place your hopes today? Will you entrust your future to man or to God? Will you seek solace exclusively from fallible human beings, or will you place your hopes, first and foremost, in the trusting hands of your Creator? The decision is yours, and you must live with the results of the choice you make.

For thoughtful believers, hope begins with God. Period. So today, as you embark upon the next stage of your life's journey, consider the words of the Psalmist: "You are my hope; O Lord GOD, You are my confidence" (71:5 NASB). Then, place your trust in the One who cannot be shaken.

When you say a situation or a person is hopeless, you are slamming the door in the face of God. - Charles Allen

Without the certainty of His resurrection, we would come to the end of this life without hope, with nothing to anticipate except despair and doubt. But because He lives, we rejoice, knowing soon we will meet our Savior face to face, and the troubles and trials of this world will be behind us. - Bill Bright

Oh, remember this: There is never a time when we may not hope in God. Whatever our necessities, however great our difficulties, and though to all appearance help is impossible, yet our business is to hope in God, and it will be found that it is not in vain. - George Mueller

Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, let my hopes always reside in You. If I become discouraged, let me turn to You. If I grow tired, let me find strength in You. You are my Father, and I will place my faith, my trust, and my hopes in You. Amen

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Daily New Life

His Promises
As for God, his way is perfect.
All the LORD's promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
Psalm 18:30 NLT

What do you expect from the day ahead? Are you willing to trust God completely, or are you living beneath a cloud of doubt and fear? God's Word makes it clear: you should trust Him and His promises, and when you do, you can live courageously.

For thoughtful Christians, every day begins and ends with God's Son and God's promises. When we accept Christ into our hearts, God promises us the opportunity for earthly peace and spiritual abundance. But more importantly, God promises us the priceless gift of eternal life.

Sometimes, especially when we find ourselves caught in the inevitable entanglements of life, we fail to trust God completely.

Are you tired? Discouraged? Fearful? Be comforted and trust the promises that God has made to you. Are you worried or stressed? Be confident in God's power. Do you see a difficult future ahead? Be courageous and call upon God. He will protect you and then use you according to His purposes. Are you confused? Listen to the quiet voice of your Heavenly Father. He is not a God of confusion. Talk with Him; listen to Him; trust Him, and trust His promises. He is steadfast, and He is your Protector . . . forever.

Joy is not mere happiness. Nor does joy spring from a life of ease, comfort, or peaceful circumstances. Joy is the soul's buoyant response to a God of promise, presence, and power. - Susan Lenzkes

The meaning of hope isn't just some flimsy wishing. It's a firm confidence in God's promises—that He will ultimately set things right. - Sheila Walsh

Gather the riches of God's promises which can strengthen you in the time when there will be no freedom. - Corrie ten Boom

Today's Prayer
Dear God, the Bible contains many promises. Let me trust Your promises, and let me live according to Your Holy Word, not just for today, but forever. Amen

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk