A forum for the entire county

Started by admin, November 15, 2006, 10:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Well, I'll be darned ----here I am way off to the south and before I could get logged on it is already cut and dried.
I was going to suggest   "The Southeast Kansas Forum" **  there are many out there that are not in nor from Elk County,   It would be nice to get some "out-of-staters" in here.
Oh well--- just a word from the old wise one -lol- you don't have to take it, just chuck it in file 13 ---
   Lots of good stuff floatin' around in this site, that's for sure.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

elkgrandkid

LOL....I was one of the "fuss-ees" and I didn't even notice the change!!!

LOL!!!!

Oh meeeeeee..............

I think it's kind of neat to have it say "Elk County".  Thank you. 

I supposed "Kansas Hillbilly Heaven" wouldn't be appropriate????

(Ducking all the weathered boards, roadkill, and gravel that might get thrown at me.)

genealogynut

Throwing gravel, roadkill, and weathered boards at you? :o :o  Actually, I liked your ideas, with leaving it the Elk County Forum and dubbing it as "Kansas Hillbilly Heaven."  We think it should stay in the Elk County area.

elkgrandkid

I'm SO glad to know there's folks on here with a sense of humor! 

Thank you!

Janet Harrington

I love it that it was changed to the Elk County Forum.  When I was sheriff, I represented all of Elk County, not just Howard.  Lots of the old citizens remembered my dad's parents, Lon and Thelma Weyrauch Furrow.  It was always so funny because they would say, "I remember Lon Furrow."  I would of course ask how did you know Lon Furrow?  The response was always, "Oh, you probably don't want to know how I knew your grandpa."  My response was, "Oh, did you buy bootlegging whiskey from him?"  Boy their faces would turn red and say, yeah, I did.

Grandpa got arrested for selling bootlegging whiskey and Daddy would tell stories about going into Missouri, all five kids, (maybe six because Grandpa has a son named Emery), anyway, they would pick up the whiskey, put it in the back seat, place a board over it, put lots of blankets on the board and the kids would go to sleep coming back to Kansas.  If Grandpa got stopped, the cops didn't want to bother the sleeping kids.  Now, I thought that was pretty sneaking.  Nowdays, not only would they disturb the kids, but they would take your kids away from you.

Anyway, back to the name.  The Elk County Forum is fitting because we are including Elk County Hisotry, so I say THANK YOU KJELL AND TERESA.

genealogynut

I "larn't" somethin' I didn't know.  Keep a'talkin' Janet.

Janet Harrington

I'll try to share more stories when I remember them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk