Way to screw things up Brownback

Started by unruhj, May 15, 2011, 07:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the nearly $400,000 in campaign contributions that the oil and gas industry has given directly to Sen Brownback.  When you continue to send corrupt politicians to Washington, you have nobody to blame but yourselves.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Sarah

Quote from: Wilma on May 17, 2011, 05:11:46 PM
Patriot:

That pilot agreement was signed on the contingency that the company could sell the power.  At that time they did not have a buyer.  If they couldn't find a buyer, there would be no payment.  Also, there was some opposition to having a wind farm in Elk County at all.  I don't know just when the decision to go ahead was made, but it hasn't been 2 and a half years.

What proof do you have that a private company was formed by those in government who negotiated for the wind farm ( and likely it's precise location on it's own family land) needed to perform the functions in government needed to determine the best use of that PILOT money?  Do you know the precise location of the proposed wind farm and who the landowners are that are involved?  Why don't you name names?  If you are right there would be no grounds for slander.

Where is your proof?  You are the one that is asking questions and making accusations.  Give us something other than insinuations and opinions.

My husband could give you the precise location as they're already doing locates there.  He could probably give you the landowners too as that's on the tickets.  I'll have to ask him when he comes home and get back on that.

greatguns

He might have been better in Washington than he is in Topka :)  At least he couldn't make decisions all by himself when he was there.

ddurbin

http://www.tva.com/environment/reports/caney/draft_ea.pdf
If anyone is interested in seeing the proposed siting map for this project, there is a map of it on page 2-10 at the above link.  It's part of a very detailed report of the overall project.  Should provide ample information to those who would like to keep this discussion going.

Sarah

My husband said if you go down Kill Deer to Rd. 7 and look to the north of Kill Deer, you'll see the sub-station and then the rest of it will spread to the south and west of there all the way to Flint.  He said Perkins owns most of the land it's going on, but wasn't sure who owned the rest.  They're getting ready to put in roads to it I guess.

Patriot

That pilot agreement was signed on the contingency that the company could sell the power.  At that time they did not have a buyer.  If they couldn't find a buyer, there would be no payment.  Also, there was some opposition to having a wind farm in Elk County at all.  I don't know just when the decision to go ahead was made, but it hasn't been 2 and a half years.

The fact is that the figures were agreed to at the time the agreement was signed.  I would think that prudent planners would surely make preparations in the likely event the money did eventually come through.  To do otherwise would, I opine, be an exercise in futility.  We do have prudent planners in Elk County, don't we?

What proof do you have that a private company was formed by those in government who negotiated for the wind farm ( and likely it's precise location on it's own family land) needed to perform the functions in government needed to determine the best use of that PILOT money?

Regarding the first half of your comment, ample evidence as to the founding of the private company here has been presented in numerous topics on this forum.  The second part of your comment needs some rephrasing and grammar work to be intelligible.

Do you know the precise location of the proposed wind farm and who the landowners are that are involved?  Why don't you name names?  If you are right there would be no grounds for slander.

Where is your proof?  You are the one that is asking questions and making accusations.  Give us something other than insinuations and opinions.

Please refer to the previous two posts.  Those and a good plat map will answer your question.  I'm one of a number of folks asking questions.  I don't believe the previous web referenced map is an insinuation or an opinion.  Nor are the copies of the PILOT agreement & letters available on the TVA website.

And the term you are looking for in this instance would be libel, not slander.  Just remember that truth is an absolute defense against a defamation claim.  And if the plaintiff is a public official, malice must also be established.  Please note that accusing someone of libel or slander, if not known to be truthful, might itself result in a successful defamation claim against the accuser.

All in all, there's plenty of 3rd party information available out there.  Don't take my word for it.  Perhaps some original research of your own would be helpful.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Lookatmeknow!!

Why bring in a big corporation when they can't get enough interested people in the jobs that they have available now???
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Sarah

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 18, 2011, 06:44:47 AM
Why bring in a big corporation when they can't get enough interested people in the jobs that they have available now???

What jobs?  Took me quite awhile to find the job in Howard that I have now, but when I get through school, I suspect I'll have to go to Wichita to get a job.  Most of the jobs out here are minimum wage jobs with a very select few high paying jobs.  :(

Lookatmeknow!!

There are some jobs available working for the wind farm. Some are only temporary, but I think with the situation of the economy, that would be better than nothing. But many around here feel that if it doesn't pay top dollar they don't want it. I was taught not to be selfish. I feel that a job is a job, and temporary is better than nothing at all. But lots of people would rather sit and draw pay from the government. >:(
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Patriot

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 18, 2011, 09:00:57 AM
...But lots of people would rather sit and draw pay from the government. >:(

Or spend copious amounts of time soliciting grants and other handouts provided by other peoples labor.  Free money is never really free.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk