Hummingbirds and others

Started by Judy Harder, May 11, 2011, 03:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Get a picture, Mother. That is if you can.

Wilma

Jimmie Ann did get a picture.  On her camera.  I have to wait for her to download and get it to me.

Wilma

I am pretty sure that a Carolina wren was perched on my bird feeder this morning.  Is this a sign of winter?  Wish it were a sign of approaching rain.

sixdogsmom

Don't Carolina Wrens show up here to rest a bit in their migraton? If so, they are a bit early. I have always remembered them here in November.  ???
Edie

Judy Harder

Ladies, since when has Kansas weather been normal? Seems since I was a youngun that each winter/season has been
different.......not good not bad, just changing. Without the moisture this year, it will be a very different winter.
Think the birds know what is going to happen?.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

Yes, and I wish they could tell us.

Diane Amberg

Please be sure those migrating birds have water. Some of their usual natural spots on their way may have dried up.
We have friendly Carolina Wrens here all the time, they don't all leave.They are just so funny as they go poking around looking for bugs and spiders.

sixdogsmom

At the other house, there was a pair that showed up every November and roosted in a decorative basket that hung on the front porch. I kept that basket up there long past its' prime simply because of that pair of wrens. They used it for three years that I know of and maybe more as I left it up when I left that house. I often think of that faithful little pair.
Edie

Wilma

It is dry, isn't it?  How dry is it?  The crows are drinking at my bird bath.  I am trying to get a picture but they are very wary birds and catch the smallest motion inside my window.

Wilma

The biggest treat this evening.  There was a whole flock of blue birds drinking and bathing in my bird bath.  There were so many that I couldn't get a count on account of their flitting around.  I have a feeling that this is the last we will see of them this year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk