Now_______this is the Living Bible!

Started by Judy Harder, May 02, 2011, 07:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

NOW___this is the Living Bible!

His name is  Tim. He has wild hair, wears a T-shirt with holes in it, jeans, and  no shoes. This was literally his wardrobe for his entire four years  of college

He is brilliant. Kind of profound and very, very  bright. He became a Christian while attending college.

Across  the street from the campus is a well-dressed, very  conservative church. They want to develop a ministry to the students, but not sure how to go about it..

One day Tim decides to  go there. He walks in with no shoes, jeans, his T-shirt, and wild  hair. The service has already started and so Tim starts down  the aisle looking for a seat.  The church is completely packed and  he can't find a seat.  By now,  people are really looking a bit  uncomfortable, but no one says anything.  Tim gets closer and closer and closer to the  pulpit, and when he realizes there are no seats, he just squats down  right on the carpet.

By now the people are really uptight, and  the tension in the air is thick.

About this time, the minister realizes that from way at the back of the church, a deacon is slowly  making his way toward Tim.  Now the deacon is in his eighties, has  silver-gray hair, and a three-piece suit. A godly man, very elegant,  very dignified, very courtly. He walks with a cane and, as he starts  walking toward this boy...everyone is  saying to themselves that you can't blame him for what he's going to  do. How can you expect a man of his age and of his background to accept some college kid on the floor?

It takes a long time  for the man to reach the boy. The church is utterly silent except  for the clicking of the man's cane.  All eyes are focused on him. You  can't even hear anyone breathing.  The minister  can't even preach the sermon until the deacon does what he has to  do.

And now this elderly man drops his cane on the floor.  With great difficulty, he lowers himself and sits down next to Tim so he won't be alone.

Everyone chokes up with  emotion... When the  minister gains control, he says, 'What I'm  about to preach, you will never remember. What you have just seen, you  will never forget.  Be careful  how you live. You may be the only Bible some people will  ever  read!'       

I  asked the Lord to bless you
As I prayed for you today.
To guide  you and protect you
As you go along your way....
His love is  always with you,
His promises are true,
And when we give Him all  our cares,
You know He will see us  through.
Only if you  feel led to, pass this to people you  want God to Bless...

....I  DID!

IT'S  NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE  YOU HAVE LIVED!
:angel:

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk