Accident on Highway 99

Started by Mom70x7, March 17, 2011, 03:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Baloney! All lies I tell ya. It was an adult Elk County Creeper of course. It's very unusual for them to get out on the roads so they are rarely struck. There really aren't that many so it's a shame one died. We haven't talked about them on the forum for some time. ;)

twirldoggy

W. Gray

Twirldoggy,

I am not sure some of the folks caught that even though I tried to emphasize this "particular day."
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

twirldoggy

LOL, in Grafton, Chautauqua County, in the 1950's people swore they saw a kangaroo in the forest lands. This was a big rumor going around for months and months.  However in those days the poor animal would have been shot very quickly and hung on a barbed wire fence.  

flintauqua

The reason the Elk County Bigfoot was hit by the truck was because (s)he was in a very weakened condition after being repeatedly bitten by a Crotalus flintauquaes.

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Diane Amberg

Ole Granny

Quote from: Wilma on April 01, 2011, 07:28:26 AM
Survey:  What percentage of the reader's believe this story?
Did I believe the story?  No, but it was very good reading!  Thanks.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Diane Amberg

No, of course not, but it's fun just the same. Whoops, was that a Snipe over there? ;D

greatguns

Of course I believed it, I thought everything on this Elk County Forum was the gospel!!!!! Yes, yes, yes I did. ;)

Sarge

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 02, 2011, 05:51:12 PM
Whoops, was that a Snipe over there? ;D

I don't know about Sasquatches, but snipe really do exist. There is an annual season on them. I have hunted them before ( not with a gunny sack at night), they are hard to hit when they take wing.

the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk