Observations

Started by larryJ, March 10, 2011, 05:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Today, while driving home from CT scan at the hospital, I was approaching a Y-stop or a three way stop if you want to call it that.  As I approached the intersection, I noticed a small dog sitting on the sidewalk next to the stop sign.  Here in SoCal we have at some intersections, tweeters to let those who can't see when the light is green and it is safe to cross.  However, these were stop signs, no tweeters.  When all the traffic had stopped, the dog calmly jumped off the curb and crossed the street using the crosswalk.  Like he knew. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

evanstrail

I think you might have just witnessed "Natural selection through environmental adaptation"

twirldoggy

Dogs are smart.  Some are smarter than humans. Some are better behaved than humans.

larryJ

My six-year-old granddaughter, being the first grandchild, has been put into many programs, i.e., swimming lessons in the summer, gymnastics, two different dance classes, cheerleading school for little ones and these last few weeks, acting classes.  Don't ask.  Just read.  (Okay, if you need to ask, there are two grandmothers that feel she should do everything there is to do.)

Acting classes are held in the school cafeteria on Mondays after school.  As she is my responsibility on school days, I have been taking her to these classes.  Today was the last of the series of six classes.  She had a good time.  I don't know that any of the 15 or so kids actually learned anything about acting, but they had fun. 

For example:  The young high school girl who was in charge gave the kids the assignment of making up a scenario to act out.  Then she paired them and let them do whatever scene they wanted to do.  Two young boys decided they would pretend to travel way (key word here is "way") back in time to change the world to make it a better place.  The teacher said, "How far back in time are you going?"  The answer.............................................................................................1968!

(cough. cough. Could some of you kids push my wheelchair out to the car?  I am feeling old again.)

Larryj

Diane Amberg

Love it! There are times when I feel the same way!  ;D ;D ;D

sixdogsmom

Larry! That is just TEW KEWL! LOLOL!  8) 8)
Edie

larryJ

Actually heard in a Los Angeles courtroom------------this is a factual event that took place.

A woman and her ex-husband were in court to settle on the custody of their 8-year-old son.  The woman had a 17-year-old daughter from a previous marriage.  The woman was claiming that the ex was abusive and felt the son should be away from him.  This is the conversation that took place.

Judge:  (To the woman) Do you have any witnesses to any actual physical or mental abuse?
Woman:  Yes, my seventeen year old daughter.

The clerk swears in the daughter and she takes the stand.

Judge:  Did you ever witness any physical or mental abuse by your step-father?
Girl:  Yes, I did.
Judge:  Did you tell anyone about it?
Girl:  Yes, I told my teacher.
Judge:  You told your teacher about the abuse?
Girl:  Well, no, I told her about my trying to commit suicide.
Judge: How did you try to commit suicide?
Girl:  I slit my writs.
Judge:  Were you bleeding?
Girl: Yes.
Judge:  Did you go to the hospital?
Girl:  Yes.
Judge:  Did they stop the bleeding?...

DUH!

Larryj

larryJ

There are times when I feel a little ashamed of myself.  We have had a gardener for many years, well, at least ten years.  We have an average size lot with a front yard and a back yard.  Total square footage of these lots is about maybe 800 square feet.  The gardeners come once a week and mow, rake, trim, prune and clean everything up. 

Yesterday, when I was taking granddaughter number one home from her overnight stay, I stopped at an intersection at the red light and noticed a house on the corner.  Over the years, my wife and I have commented when we pass this place that it needed someone to take care of the yard (grass needs moving, weeds need to be pulled, etc.).  Yesterday, there was an elderly couple doing yardwork.  He had to be in his late 70's or maybe 80's.  He was pushing a power mower with one hand and-------------

holding on to his cane with the other. :-[

Larryj

Wilma

Being handicapped and disabled doesn't stop us oldies.  I vacummn and sweep from my wheelchair and lately I have been raking leaves the same way.  It takes a whole lot longer and the aches and pains afterwards sometimes doesn't seem worth it, but there is a satisfaction in doing it myself, my way.  Today I planted 24 Indian corn kernels and 24 sunflower seed.  All right, so I planted them in one of those starter trays, but I did it myself.

srkruzich

Today is the first wonderful beautiful day that i have been able to get outside.  THe last ones was a couple weeks ago and i was in the hospital. 
BUT.....I have not realized since last year the extent of my abilities.  I got up early, fed critters, gathered 5 doz eggs, put eggs in cartons and in the fridge.  Made toast to eat, then went back out and worked on my radial arm saw table nailing down the salvaged cedar planks i got a month ago.  Gotta love free salvage wood!  THen i worked on sharpening my blades for my saws, then worked on tiller to see why it won't start. Think its the points.  I'm probably going to go get a electronic ignition for it.  THen i went out and filled up water troughs for the cows and goats, Rescured my bee syrup dispensor from the wind, Need to go out and mow but I am running out of energy. 

ITs taken me since  7am to do these few things.  Just have to go as i can go.   Its a bit tougher to do things with Congestive heart disease but hey i'm at least moving.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk