Observations

Started by larryJ, March 10, 2011, 05:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

Welcome back, Larry. 
I think I will try to imitate the coffee in the microwave and see if mine does the same, or is it a West Coast rotational magnetic pull phenomena!   lol
Perhaps there is a Scientist on the forum that could answer?

ready....to make coffee.

larryJ

Oh yeah.......

5.  Going back to number 2 and Netflix......I found a show that turned out to be pretty good and I binged on all the episodes.  It ended in a way that suggested there would be another season.  So I looked and by golly gee whiz there was an episode coming and I watched it, happy that the series continued.  Granted I probably missed some of the episodes between the last episode on Netflix and the one I just watched, but hey I was happy and then at the end they announced........"stay tuned for scenes from next weeks SEASON FINALE! What?  Oh no! 

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

larryJ

Do you have little or maybe not so little things that just irritate the heck out of you?  I am talking about people mostly who weren't given common sense somewhere along the line.  Bear with me here.

Most of the houses here in SoCal have a screen door on the front door.  Many don't.  My daughter has lived in her house for several years now and they don't feel the need for a screen door.  We prefer it so that we may open the front door and let the gentle breeze flow through.  Our screen door is a heavy duty one that my wife wanted.  It is all metal no screen and comes with a lock.  It is nice because if you are on the inside and looking out you can see what is going on.  If you are outside you can't really see in due to the difference in the lighting between outside and inside.   Bored yet?  Well, what is irritating is that when we receive a larger box delivered by UPS or FedEx they put the box on the front porch right in front of the screen door.  Why is this irritating you ask........If the box is substantially heavy or bulky you can't open the screen door to get to it.  Sometimes it requires going out another door and walking around to move it.  What was the idiot thinking when he put it there?

Two or three years ago the local cable company made a deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers for exclusive rights in broadcasting their games.  This meant that if you were not a subscriber to the cable service no Dodger games for you, pal, unless the game happens to be on ESPN or MLB channel.  Obviously this deal was made in order for the cable channel to get more subscribers.  The Dodgers get a lot of money in this deal and they don't really care about who broadcasts their games which are most always sold out.  This year one of the local broadcast channels made a deal with the cable company to broadcast games.  YES!  ;D

But not all of them......boo.  I find it irritating that a cable channel can control what should be open to the public to watch. 

A few years ago one of my nephews who had Muscular Dystrophy passed away at the age of 40.  When we first found out he had MD he was six and we were told he would not live past the age of eighteen.  Well he certainly proved them wrong.  This young man was a genius.  Living his life in a wheelchair he couldn't do physical things but he was genius and he loved computers and had a terrific sense of humor.  It runs in the family.  Anyway, he was always quick to point out the stupid things that people do.  His favorite saying..........

They walk among us.

So what irritates you?  And please don't say Larry's ranting and raving.   :laugh:

Larryj

larryJ

And speaking of things that end........

As I said I don't get out much mostly going to Doctor appointments.  Occasionally I do need a haircut.  The other day my wife dropped me off at the hair salon while she went to pick our grandkids up from school.   On the way I noticed that a local steak house had closed and I mentioned this to my wife and she said it had closed a while back.

Now, this was not a place that we went to on a regular basis, but a place that we liked and when we wanted a good steak we would go there.  It was a place where you walked in to a person taking orders, then pay and carry your tray with your silverware and drinks to a table or booth.   Then one of the waitresses would bring you your food when it was ready.  Very convenient and really good food.  This place has been there for more than 60 years.  Of course it has gone through different franchise owners and staff.  Some of my kids high school friends worked there.  I was sad to see it closed.

Today coming home from an appointment we passed by a closed Blockbuster store.  It had been closed for several years.  Today I saw that it had become a Public Charter School.  Huh.  it must be a limited enrollment because it isn't that big.

And if I didn't mention it before the local elementary school where my kids went to school might be closing at the end of this school year.  Their reason.......low enrollment and not-so-good ratings from the state. 

Sadly

Larryj

Diane Amberg

Hi Larry. I haven't been around much recently, but will try to come back soon.Too much going on here. It's nice to know you are back.This forum needs lots of nice people.

readyaimduck

Larry:
I experimented with the coffee cup thingy of rotational equal turns for several days:
It's all about your size!   
Wait!!!!!!!!!!!.....of the plate. 
Go to a rotational (or rational) guru.  It's has to do with something about planetary spins, etc   lol

I am not a scientist, Jim, I am a farm girl who just like science without the knowledge.

readyaimduck

Disclaimer:
I did notice that when mine 'bings, bings, bings" to let me know it is done...there is a 3 sec turn if I don't open the door.

Latency accomdation???
ready....to experiment

larryJ

Out here on the West Coast this happened today.......

Usual....Yesterday the sexy weathergirl came on TV and says a cold front is coming through and there might be a chance of rain, but not much. 

Unusual.....She is right in that it is going to rain.

Rare.......It becomes heavy rain unheard of this time of year here.

Rarer........It is accompanying by lightning and thunder which almost never happens here.  We get tropical style rain which just slowly starts and ten tapers off.  Not so with this storm.

Rarest.......It even hailed which I have not seen in decades.  Not much hail but still hail.

My son posted a message to me with a picture of his condo deck in Lake Arrowhead, elevation 5,000 feet. taken by his security camera showing several inches of snow. 

Hey, Mother Nature, this is SoCal and it is May.  Get it together.  Last week it was a heat wave with temps in the high 80s and now this.  Come on.

Oh well, I am not out in it and the roof doesn't leak and I am not in a flood zone and there are no hillsides to slide down on me.  I'm good.  Thank you very much.

I am going to go back to watching the coffee cup spin in the microwave.

Larryj

larryJ

I see on the computer this morning that the Los Angeles City Council has voted 10 to 0 calling for an investigation into President Trump's actions.  Oh well, someone had to do it I guess.

Larryj

readyaimduck

Okay...I warmed up a medium baked potato-horizontally in the 'wave'. 
At exactly 45 seconds later...as I put it in!

Did it with a cup of water for 1 min. and at the first beep-it was as it was before.  (done beeping and 1/4 turn)

Methinks it is a weight vs timing and how much we wait and watch to grab.
Otherwise, I find this a fascinating observation. 
Sorry to hijack your thread.

ready...to cook some more food!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk