Internet sites

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, February 04, 2011, 01:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

I am looking for some good referenced sites for a paper for my class. I am looking for stuff about the principles of the Constitution, self government, seperation of powers, and checks and balances. I am also looking for stuff about the 3 federal branches. I know there are wiki sites and ask sites, but I can't use those. They are not viable sites. I could also use some journal articles. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!!

I posted this on the history section and thought I might get some answers, but none yet. So if anyone could help I would really appreciate it!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Roma Jean Turner

Angie check out the website for the History Channel.  Don't have that info with me tonight but will look tomorrow.  I belong to their club and would think they would some good info for you.

Roma Jean Turner

Angie, check out   http://www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com.  Neat site, lots of info on the Bill of Rights, Founders and Amendments.  There is a history magazine for kids age 6 through 13 out there, but I can't remember the name of it or find the site. I'll keep checking, thought I might get it for some of the young ones in the family.

srkruzich

http://www.wallbuilders.com/

One of the best sites for information. This guy has actual documents and none of the history rewrites you'll find in a lot of sites.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Lookatmeknow!!

Thanks so much everyone. I googled and searched and read different sites before I posted this. I don't have the money right now to buy the book for the class, they want almost 200.00 for the book. I thought I could just use the internet and save the money. When I googled the information that I needed, I couldn't find reliable sources. I have to have reliable sources or journal articles for the Masters program. I have already learned so much about the history of this country. Now I might actually understand a little bit of the government, or what it is supposed to be ran like! ;)

srkruzich

Quote from: angtown3 on February 07, 2011, 06:44:08 AM
Thanks so much everyone. I googled and searched and read different sites before I posted this. I don't have the money right now to buy the book for the class, they want almost 200.00 for the book. I thought I could just use the internet and save the money. When I googled the information that I needed, I couldn't find reliable sources. I have to have reliable sources or journal articles for the Masters program. I have already learned so much about the history of this country. Now I might actually understand a little bit of the government, or what it is supposed to be ran like! ;)
Did you check half.com for the book?   Thats where i would buy my books if i were going to college.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Good choice Steve!. Some kids also rent their books now. There are several sites to look at....textbooks .com, chegg.com and others. What is the name of the book and who is the author? ISBN#?

Lookatmeknow!!

I haven't checked that site about the book yet. The book is - American Democracy/ Author- Patterson/ 3rd Edition. I also need the following items (so it says)- Understanding the Arizona Consitution Author: McClory, Arizona Consitution Study Guide Author- Academic Soutions, 10th Edition. United States Constitution Barchart.

I am hoping during rest time, I have time to look for them other places.

Thanks Again

unruhj

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe- Immanuel Kant

Roma Jean Turner

Angieg ...just checking  I talked to a used book place here they said that the 3rd Edition Patterson book was called New American Democracy  and that the latest one is called American Democracy but is the tenth edition.  Anyway,  can you double check on exactly which one for sure....I bet I am not the only one trying to find this book.  (The New American Democracy, 3rd Edition, I can get a used copy of for 9.95 here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk