Downton Abbey

Started by Diane Amberg, January 18, 2011, 06:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

So true Diane.  I have studied geneology a lot and I think the women who had many children kept the population going.  One of my gggrandfathers had 12 with his first wife and 6 with his second wife.    

twirldoggy

Just finished the third episode.  " Forty years of boredom and duty"  was one memorable qoute.   Really enjoyed how the flower show turned out.   Also shows the development of the love relationships as they are in real life. Sometimes rocky and up and down.  Looks like Matthew may get together with Mary after all.   

It was really great to see Bates fall in love, and to see him so gingerly describe his state of being.  He seemed to be hoping she would understand and I think she did.  Also enjoyed seeing her tell him directly that she loved him.   Now what is coming next?
Do hope they marry. 

Roma Jean Turner

What is the website you are watcing it on?

twirldoggy

PBS Masterpiece.  key this into google.

frawin

Someone had that many children, I didn't know anyone had that many. Think of how many Grandchildren Greats and so on, the compound affect would be massive.

Quote from: twirldoggy on January 25, 2011, 04:49:56 PM
So true Diane.  I have studied geneology a lot and I think the women who had many children kept the population going.  One of my gggrandfathers had 12 with his first wife and 6 with his second wife.    

Wilma

My maternal grandparents had 14 children, all of whom lived to adulthood.  However, the grandchildren count wasn't much as most of them limited their families to less than 3 children.  I lost count of the great granchildren a long time ago.

Frank, did you have tongue in cheek when you said,"Someone had that many children, I didn't know anyone had that many."?

frawin

Wilma, the devil made me do it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk