Hooray! It's Snowing!

Started by sixdogsmom, January 09, 2011, 03:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Just staryed about half hour ago here in Springfield.  The street and drives are white but the yard just looks dusty.  Just expecting a couple of inches.

Judy Harder

Well, I woke up to about a half inch of white stuff on the ground.
I don't want it personally, but know that the ground and crops need it.
I only wish it wasn't so cold out. I know, I know, it will get worse.
God keep all safe and please DO NOT be stupid where the cold/animals/
and safety are concerned. If you don't have to be out.........STAY IN.

It is still gently snowing and I am comfortable. Life is good.
Oh, decided unless I go to the warm Pacific I can't go far enough south and
have a good time.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

greatguns

I'm going where it is warm, but not until July. lol

Judy Harder

LOL   By then you may want to go North to Alaska...........LOL   we are never satisfied.
Stay warm and safe.
God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Teresa

YUUUUCK!
Ok.. we all see the snow.. beautiful coming down.. piling up all soft and white and fluffy.. blah blah blah...whatever.
Now~~ let hope it melts totally off within the hour..  :P
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

I have not paid attention to the official snowfall amount, but it looks like 6-8 inches with the temperature hovering around 14 degrees at noon.

We freeze, that is we remain in place, and do not go out after a snowfall unless it is absolutely necessary.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

This has truly been a gorgeous snow with the big fluffly flakes. I went out late this afternoon and did some clearing only to watch it all go to naught a few minutes later when the last hurrah came through with about an inch and one half more. Total of about five to six inches . I got an email from my friend in Tupelo Mississippi awhile ago, and they have seven inches on the ground, totally unheard of there. Her daughter is thrilled!

Oh my aching back; I am feeling my age tonight. Hello heating pad!
Edie

Ms Bear

Forget the heating pad, get a mattress pad.  It keeps the whole bed warm.

sixdogsmom

LOL! I scared the bejesus out of my neighbor this afternoon. He was coming down the alleyway, concentrating on where he was stepping and did not see me as I was sweeping my pathway to the trashcan. Snow seems to silence things and when I spoke, he screamed like a jr.high girl. I had to laugh, although I know it isn't really funny to be startled like that. Gave me a giggle though. Tomcat has expressed his opinion of the whole thing several times with a big shake of his paw just before I boost him out the door. He seems to think that the weather out the front door just may be better than that he has just seen out the back door. Hope that the weather holds on Saturday as my friend has just called and asked me to ferry her home after her one day surgical stay in Bartlesville. We are scheduled for snow on Sunday I think. I already have my sign posted in the kitchen to drip the water tonight; since the meters are not very deep they can freeze with the temps getting below zero. Brrr!!!!
Edie

Catwoman

We're having a snow day here...Hope all my former students are getting to enjoy the white stuff!!! :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk