Bur Oak Tree

Started by W. Gray, September 17, 2009, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

The cougar that was seen in the northwest part of the county was maybe ten years ago.  One of the people that saw it is dead now but I would still take his word for it and that it was a cougar and not just a big cat or something else.  The other two people saw one at different times in the same neighborhood and they would know a cougar when they saw it.

frawin

The Kansas Fish and Game has finally ackowledged there are Cougars in Kansas. In fact one was killed near I-35 several years ago and there have been other confirmed sightings.

frawin

Wilma, I just remembered that Lon Furrow lived just up the road Northwest from the Morrow/Armstrong place. The place where Lon lived was where Gertie Sherman lived in later years.

Wilma

I don't know exactly where the Sherman place was, but Jim talked about it sometimes.  They later moved to south of Piedmont, two miles north of where my parents moved in 1947.

frawin

Wilma, it is 2 miles South of Howard on 99 Hwy, then turn East, go approximately 2 miles and the road angles South around a cutve and starts down a hill, the Sherman place is on the East side of the road.

Janet Harrington

Mother, the Sherman place is the house where we stopped to politic and the lady named Twyla let Daddy go in the house because he used to live there.  At least I think that is it.  Didn't they live in the Sherman place when his grandpa Booker (sp) lived with them?

Wilma

Might be.  I remember stopping at a place that Daddy looked through the house, but I sure wouldn't be able to find it.

CraigW

Glen Snell's children were Melanie, a year older than Carol and I (I believe her and her husband still reside here in Wichita); Greg, a year younger than I (he was a petroleum engineer in Ponca City for several years but have no idea where he might be now), Eric is the youngest. Just last weekend, i was driving down East 1st St here in Wichita and passed a church which had a listing of the pastor being Eric Snell. i think there was a girl between Greg and Eric but not sure...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk