Tomato Wine

Started by kshillbillys, July 17, 2010, 03:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

Good eye, Jarhead..good eye!

Hey, I was driving by your house the other day and saw all them tomatoes and my minds' been running wild with how good they would taste with a little salt..... ;)
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

jarhead

Ks
What does tomatoes have to do with this thread ?? 50 lashes with sting weed for getting off subject !! :)

kshillbillys

LMAO!! Sorry, am getting old and have to mention things when I think of them!!  ;D
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

greatguns

Jarhead, no salt just turn them into wine.

Diane Amberg

Tomato wine? That's a new one on me. How is it made?

jarhead

I suppose you could make tomatoe wine just like I make other weird wines but think I'll use them to make salsa instead. Made Jalapeno wine before but I didn't try it except it was kick butt to marinate jerky with. Made some catnip wine years ago but drink a little glass of it and put me to sleep.

greatguns

I have drank tomato wine and it was good.

Diane Amberg

Please share the recipe.

jarhead

For starters Diane, you will need a 5 gallon carboy with an air lock. Then 15 lbs of fruit---wine yeast---citric acid--yeast energizer--pectic enzyme--potassium sorbate and 9 1/2 lbs of sugar. Then you----WAIT--the rest is an old family recipe and "Duke aint talking !! "
Guns, I might have to make some "mater wine". Too often what I like makes nasty wine. Watermelon and cantaloupe wine aint fit to give to the coon  hounds !! Dandelion tastes like Mt Dew. Persimmon wine still is King--or was until I made cherry wine this year---but for all the gallons I make a year, I might drink one shot of each 5 gallons. Give me Strawberry margaritas and I'm as happy as a pig in a mud puddle !!!
I'll leave the wine drinking to Jo.

greatguns

Diane, I don't have a recipe for it.  An old gentleman in Latham where I grew up made all kinds of wine and I never tasted any that was bad.  His rubarb wine was pretty tasty also.  But I do have a recipe for elderberry wine that is real easy.  I've used this recipe to make cherry, grape, strawberry, and of course elderberry.  I will send you the recipe.  And you will not need any yeast or all that other good stuff.

Jarhead, I agree, your persimmon wine is very good.  Of course you haven't shared any cherry with me, so I can't compare.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk