Is It Time to Choose A "Side"?

Started by Wake-up!, February 07, 2019, 02:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake-up!

"In fact, I have come to the conclusion, fitfully and uncomfortably, and after witnessing the far, far greater meaning revealed by what occurred with those Kentucky pro-life students, that America in 2019 faces three choices for its future:

(1) Either there must be some large mass conversion of one side or the other (a "Road to Damascus" conversion?), probably occasioned by some immense and earth-shaking event, war, depression, disaster;
(2) the secession of large portions of what is presently geographically the United States, including possibly enclaves within some states that would basically exit those jurisdictions—this secession could be peaceable, although increasingly I think it would not be; or lastly, and worst,
(3) the devolution of this country into open and vicious civil and guerrilla war.

I am not at all comforted by this vision, but, frankly, given the present state of this nation, is there any other possibility? After all, despite the pious pinning of the Neoconservative publicists that America is the world's "exceptional" nation, the new Utopia, God did not grant us national eternity, did not guarantee our future. And our leaders and many of our citizens have done their damnedest to undo and undermine all those original hopes and promises."

Read the backstory at; https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/blog/is-secession-the-answer/

I used to be excited to read one or two articles in this vein every year. Now I can read one or two every month. The need for change is spreading. More and more talk exists about #2, above. It deserves being part of the political commentary going forward.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.

The greatest mistake in American history was letting government educate our children.
- Harry Browne, 1996/2000 Libertarian Party Presidential candidate

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk