“Deadliest Mass Shooting. . .”

Started by redcliffsw, June 14, 2016, 08:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

Quote from Diane :
Jar, I hope you weren't using me as an example. I've never, ever written about anything I never did. It 's not my fault if you can't handle it. I don't know why my very existence bothers you. Around here I am not unique at all. I was in 1969, but I opened that door for women here long ago and it has been open ever since.

What the hell are you rambling on about woman ? I know you want, and think, everything is about you but it isn't. You act like you are feeling guilty about something.

From Diane :
Sadly for the nut case segment, there seems to be some sort of romantic notion that they will get their point across with a scary looking long gun

You told us you have a 12 gauge shotgun which just happens to be a long gun. What point are you trying to make by owning that scary looking gun ? I won't even touch on you labeling yourself as "the nut case segment "
You talk about certain weapons their only use is to shoot people and kill animals. I think you have forgot about personal defense. There are still lots of people in Elk county who do shoot animals not only because we like to hunt but we like to eat wild game. You like to portray yourself of being "one of us" and that, you are not----and please spare us with your tales of stepping out your back door and going hunting to put wild game on the supper table.

Quote from Diane:
If these particular type weapons are so useful in civilian life, why are the gun shops selling anything else? Why are the young military of today so willing to give them up and not replace them when they get home to stay? Have you noticed they aren't the ones advocating that we should become an armed society? Do they wear weapons wherever they go?   Nope.

Your first question really doesn't deserve an answer but I will say maybe---just maybe---a person doesn't want to shoot a rabbit with a SKS. That 7.62 round destroys too much meat and maybe they prefer a .22 to do the job ---but would like that SKS to shoot a deer.
The young military of today HAVE to give up their assault weapons when they come home to stay or face federal charges (there's that ol selector switch thing you like to ignore )
Do they wear that weapon wherever they go? I doubt they wear it where it can be seen but maybe you should shake them down to see if that little .380 in their pocket is just for a counter balance for the car keys in the opposite pocket. I would venture to say I am in contact with a shit load of more vets than you are and I would conservatively guess that 99 % of them "pack heat" and if they aint packing, there is one not very far away from arms reach. I guess ol Pugs is one of them one per centers you libs are always screaming about !!

Diane Amberg

Yep, I have no doubt you hang out with the old fogey brigade. So what. This isn't a contest.( Are they as afraid of you as you are of them?) You stay out there and protect yourself from those scary Kansans. ;D ;D ;D
Nope, none of this is about me. It's about very strange people who need to be prepared in case their own shadow attacks them.
  I have many "old" vet friends too. We are all of the old draft age group. As I said, they didn't, and the young ones coming home now, don't feel spooky around the average people around here or feel the need to run out and buy combat/military weapons as soon as they get home, as I already said!
I can't figure out what you are so afraid of. If you really think you need personal defense from the local doves and deer...Well....And your own neighbors and their children? What kind of crazy place do you really live in? Has Elk county been taken over by gangs?;D ;D
The female deer that drop the little ones off in my flower bed while they eat...Cute, but a pain.  But in town here, no shooting. Fortunately I have plenty of friends who love to hunt and fish and give us more fish and game than we can eat.
Delaware is overloaded with deer.They are hunted to keep the herds healthy, even in the state parks.
You seem to think I live in a huge city like Philadelphia. Not so. We are well surrounded by country and huntin' opportunity. We don't have to hunt each other.  You should go back and try to comprehend what I really wrote.  :-*
You want to sit around with your friends and pretend you are still at war, have at it. Wanna show off yer shooters? Sure thing. Have fun and don't shoot yerself by accident.

jarhead

What is wrong with me to have started a conversation with you? I must be loosing my mind. All I have done is given you an excuse to go off on rants where you don't know horse shit from hog jowls. You still don't get it that's there's a difference between civilian guns and military weapons. So sad for one who thinks they are so brilliant. I am also aware you use the political threads to talk about things that should go in your "east coast happening". I'll try to help you out and move them for you when the urge hits me. You are welcome !!!

Diane Amberg

Sorry, I don't do rants,and don't scream. I just occasionally write long posts. You are selling me short. Do you think Teresa's interest and knowledge of guns is just a joke? I certainly hope not.
Yes, of course I know the difference between military and combat weapons and ordinary hunting guns.  DUH.  What makes you think that I don't?
Yes, of course I know the military weapons don't come home with the men/women when they are discharged. That was my point. They don't run right out and get new ones. Besides, they are expensive.
Oh, I'm supposed to ask you that if "small population" Elk county is so dangerous that you are carrying all the time, in spite of knowing most everyone out there, what kind of body armor do you wear every day? If you are carrying but not wearing, you are doing only half the job.  Or so I was told.  ;D  Maybe the body armor would be enough deterrent to cause any potential trouble makers to think again. Anyway, why do you think everyday Kansas is so dangerous? See? Problem solved. No need to carry, just wear external body armor all the time. People would probably cross the street rather than interact with someone like that.
  If ya don't fire a weapon, ya can't hit an innocent person, as happens here on the streets of the rough side of Wilmington on a regular basis.There is a shooting there 'most every night. Wise people just don't go there.
I'm just funnin' with ya, you do know that don't you? Why so serious. After all these years it doesn't matter. You don't have a clue as to my past,my training or why.You just know the firefighter/ EMT part and so it shall stay. 8)
I suppose I could have put my little post about the fawns on my thread but I'd hardly lose any sleep over it. Hope you are having a nice Kansas day.

Ross

Disarming Law Abiding American Citizens nor Gun Control will not stop someone or some group from committing Murder or Mass Murder.

Gun Control would simply lead to more black market activity.

What Gun Control would do is undermine what our founding fathers built to protect this great nation from tyranny.

It will undermine the great Constitution of the United States of America. Not just the Second Amendment but the whole Constitution.
                                        Plain and Simple.

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,
shall not be infringed.

The Constitution does not say with the exception of !

What does any person have to fear?
Simple !

The very same things our Founding Fathers in all their wisdom feared.

The possibility of TYRANNY

tyr·an·ny

cruel and oppressive government or rule.

synonyms:   despotism, absolute power, autocracy, dictatorship, totalitarianism, Fascism;
More a nation under cruel and oppressive government.

Our Constitution is under attack continuously and not just the First and Second Amendments.

This is what gun control is all about.
It is not about protecting the people from mass murders.
Protecting people from mass murder is simply a smoke screen,

jarhead

"You are selling me short. Do you think Teresa's interest and knowledge of guns is just a joke? I certainly hope not."

What the hell does that have to do with anything talked about here ? Do you just write stuff like that so you can be the queen of the longest ramblings---I mean posts ?

"Yes, of course I know the difference between military and combat weapons and ordinary hunting guns.  DUH.  What makes you think that I don't?"

It is pretty evident that you don't know the difference. Just read what you wrote next---"the military personnel don't get to bring their weapons home and DO NOT go out and buy new ones when they get home". I'll let you in on a little secret---it's because they CAN'T buy military weapons. There's that ol fully automatic thing again. Jeez !!!

"Oh, I'm supposed to ask you that if "small population" Elk county is so dangerous that you are carrying all the time, in spite of knowing most everyone out there, what kind of body armor do you wear every day? If you are carrying but not wearing, you are doing only half the job.  Or so I was told"

I said most of the vets I know pack heat all the time. I never once said I did so those voices you hear in your head are wrong again.

"You don't have a clue as to my past,my training or why.You just know the firefighter/ EMT part and so it shall stay"

Oh boy---Wonder Woman is about to break her code of silence---were you FBI---CIA--- a special agent with customs ? Are your exploits still highly classified secrets ? Were you with Hillary when she took sniper fire on the runway ? Naw, I'll bet you were with Brian Williams. Please,oh please tell us about all the black OP's you participated in !!!!

Diane Amberg

I won't share and you wouldn't believe me anyway....Thank goodness.   Certain kinds of successes depended on people like you, who didn't believe any of it.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  "black Ops?"...You forget how old I am.
Oh, any kind of weapon anyone wants, with the price that is, can be had in Wilmington. Notice I didn't mention legally.
  By the way, you do know I'm just teasing ya don't ya? You get exasperated so easily.  :-*
I did get asked about your body armor though. We have some "wanna bes" around this area who flaunt themselves looking for attention. They are so disappointed when they don't get it. Don't worry, I know you are too old to be one of them. The real deals are very quiet and don't talk much except among themselves.
I did know one weirdo at one time though. He had Marine stuff all over and told tons of stories, none of which were true. He finally ate his gun and the truth all came out. He was never in the military of any kind.
I am starting to lose my best sources though. They are all starting to retire. One is a neat pair of State Trooper twins. One in Homicide and the other was in charge of the Aviation Unit. Speaking of weapons...they come across everything, which eventually has to be burned.
So believe what you wish, it doesn't matter a twit to me. I know exactly who I am and the rest doesn't matter. Have a nice day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk