New Layout - Elk County Forum

Started by Kjell H., October 26, 2013, 11:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjell H.

As you probably have noticed, we have changed the layout of the forum.

The reason for this has to do with a software upgrade and the old design was not compatible.

Features are the same as before, plus that we have added an ignore or buddy list:

Buddies/Ignore List

Inevitably, there will be times when members get along great and times when personalities clash. This forum provides a way to handle both instances. The buddy list allows members to keep track of users they enjoy talking to, while the ignore list hides users they do not want to see.

Edit Buddies - Members may add or delete other members from their buddy list.
    Edit Ignore List - Members may add or delete other members from their ignore list.

You can maintain this list in your profile.

Facebook and Twitter Icons

If you want to post a link to your Facebook or Twitter page, this can now be done in your profile settings. Adding your ID will enable an icon to show up under your avatar in your posts and your profile page.

If you have any questions, let us know.
Marshal Halloway

frawin

Knell, Teresa, I thought when I blocked individuals I wouldn't see their posts anymore. Was I wrong or did I not do it correctly. You two continue to amaze me with what you do and how well you do it. America needs more people like both of you.
Frank Winn

Kjell H.

Frank,

Ignore list is enabled, you need to verify that you set it to not show their posts. Go to your profile and then look and layout settings, then check "Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list".
Marshal Halloway

patyrn

I am unable to post obituaries to the Forum and can't send Personal Messages either.  Any suggestions???

Karen I.
patyrn

Diane Amberg

I'm sure it's just me, but have the birthday dates gone from the calendar? Also, isn't Thanksgiving on the 28th this year? Maybe it's just the east coast air.

Kjell H.

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 18, 2013, 01:44:47 PM
I'm sure it's just me, but have the birthday dates gone from the calendar? Also, isn't Thanksgiving on the 28th this year? Maybe it's just the east coast air.

Upcoming birthdays are only visible on the forum index page at the bottom.
Marshal Halloway

Diane Amberg

I apologize for being so dense, but I see only the person's name and their up coming age, but not their birth date on the calendar for that month. Could you rub my nose in it please? I just don't see it. :'(

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk