Author Topic: East Coast Happenings  (Read 120574 times)

Offline larryJ

• Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: East Coast Happenings
« Reply #920 on: November 22, 2018, 11:48:57 am »
And the same to you.  There is a song that says "it never rains in California".  However, it did rain during the night last night.  Not much but dangerous to those who are in the burn areas from the fires.  So we are moving from fire season to mudslide season.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Offline Diane Amberg

• Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 24, 2018, 01:45:14 pm »
I hope you had a nice family get together Thursday. We did the usual "feed the finest"meal at the firehouse for EMTs,police officers, firefighters or other first responders who were on duty during the day.   Some had lunch with us, family dinners on Friday and more dinner with other family members today. That's a lot of eating!HA!

Offline larryJ

• Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 25, 2018, 10:09:38 am »
Our oldest granddaughter is on a travel softball team.  She was scheduled to play in a tournament in Las Vegas the weekend after Thanksgiving.  So my daughter and her family went to her in-laws on Thursday and then went to Las Vegas on Friday.  Because of this our family actually had a Thanksgiving the weekend before.  Everything was wonderful with the family all together.  The food was great.  Just had it on another day.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Offline Diane Amberg

• Top Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 30, 2018, 03:27:44 pm »
Al did survive his 72nd birthday on the 25th.Wasn't too happy about it, but watcha gonna do? We went to a great seafood place for lunch and had really nice " almost" local oysters from lower Maryland.His bladder cancer is still stable, so we're hoping for the best on that front. Between the late effects of polio and the cancer, he's OK, but his stamina has dropped a lot.He stays busy, but has to rest often to keep going. He tries to take a nap every afternoon when he can and that does help.
Larry, I'd send you some snow,but I doubt you even have a snow shovel...and you can keep your fires,mud slides and earthquakes. How about Anchorage? Enjoy that busy pup!