East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

We did indeed have fun, thanks. The Amish farmers had their horse and mule teams out and were cutting hay and plowing and the laundry was flying on the long lines strung between the house and barns or other out buildings. Freshly painted signs for eggs, spinach and other things are reappearing at the ends of driveways and some of the farm markets are reopening tomorrow.The mustard is blooming bright yellow in the fields and along the roads and the wild apples are in full bloom, as are the pretty yard trees everyone has. Even the air smelled like country.
Have a good one.

Catwoman

I like the picture you paint, Miss Diane!! :-)  You can almost smell the fresh air as you drive along with the windows down! :-)

Diane Amberg

Why, thank you.That's very kind.

Diane Amberg

We just got back from the fire station. Our 1921 Stutz fire engine is back home at last. It came in on a flatbed truck from Indiana. It's in bad shape but most of it is there. Now we'll start haunting fire flea markets and see what we can find. Perhaps we can have it ready for its 100th anniversary in 2021.We'll start raising money now and eventually we can restore it to its former glory.

Diane Amberg

It's May finally, but one would think it's early March. There is a much needed, but very cold, gentle rain falling. My many trays of annuals are still sitting in the yard, being watered by nature, but the ground is too cold to plant. Nobody has any Impatience out yet. It's too cold for them still.
I just read a bit of "The Exhaustion of the American Teacher" by John Kuhn. I'll see about reading the rest when I have more time.
Al has his three month bladder cancer scoping on Wednesday morning. It's very painful, and puts him down for at least a day. If it's clear, we can start thinking about some short vacation trips.
Dealing with the Post Polio problem is bad enough, but he's tough and pushes on no matter what. He has The Newark Planning Commission meeting again this Tuesday evening. I hope you all are having a nice Sunday, however you enjoy it.

Diane Amberg

Al's bladder cancer scoping was clear. He's safe until August. Perhaps we can do a bit of traveling after all. He has been wanting to go spend a few days in Toronto... and some day trips closer to home.
I had my dental cleaning this morning. Look Ma, no cavities!
I had a student shadowing my hygienist around. She's going to make a great dentist some day... A very quick learner with lots of questions and a very nice, fun personality.

proelkco

Diane Amberg

Well, I've been yelled at again. It seems I'm not welcome any more on ANY thread. Now Red and Ross will have it all and that's a shame. I wish someone would yell at them.
I really didn't think I was posting too much,  especially about birds and such, but I must be when someone I respect slaps me. I wish they would just not read what I have to say, but that wasn't good enough apparently. It was fun for years, but that's over and I'll miss a lot of you. Sad.

proelkco

I don't know who yelled at you but I enjoy hearing your news.

Diane Amberg

I've taken a month off, and as I feared, two people have taken over the forum. With a couple of exceptions, unless you want to see ugly politics, ya might as well not bother. As for here..rough going. I lost three dear friends in a week's time and several more have been diagnosed with cancers.
On the good side, Al and I are a Great Aunt and Uncle once more, and the first time on my side of the family. My sister's youngest had a cute little boy on June 6th...D-Day.(Delivery Day.) She's 32 and we had given up that they would ever have children. Since my sister had lost her husband and soul mate last November, this has really given her a reason to keep going.
My garden is doing well and so far no sign of critters getting into it. I hope all my friends out there are well and enjoying a nice summer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk