This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Two Urbanites Attempt A Home Invasion With A Pellet Gun,
Girlfriend thwarts robbery when she fetches her .38

(Go girl, Go.  You be the one...)

An attempted robbery at an apartment near the University of Central Florida in Orlando Tuesday afternoon was thwarted when the female victim sent the suspects fleeing after she pulled her own gun on them.

Nour Skargee was in the living room of his apartment when he heard a quick, loud knock at the door just before 5 p.m. He said he looked through the peephole and noticed a man outside with his head hanging down.

Skargee cracked open the door slightly to see what the man needed, and it was then that him and a second suspect forced their way inside. The next thing Skargee knew, he had a gun put to his head.

"He grabbed me by the throat. He took me a little further into the living room and pushed me down and said, 'Don't move. Just stay down,'" he told reporters.

Skargee's live-in girlfriend, Sable Nehme, was in a back bedroom when the incident unfolded.

"When I heard the voices, I looked outside and saw him on the ground," Nehme said. "I thought 'Oh my God, I need to get my gun.'"

But when the suspects realized she was in the apartment too, their focus moved to her.

"They said, 'We're gonna kill your girl,'" Skargee recalled. "That's when I lost hope."

But Nehme had a plan of her own, and it included a .38 revolver that her dad had previously purchased for her for protection

More at: Guns
http://www.guns.com/2015/01/31/girlfriend-saves-boyfriend-from-robbery-when-she-fetches-her-38-video/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Chad Army Says 120 Boko Haram Militants Killed In Cameroon

(Hey Obuma, boots on the ground does work...)

Via Reuters

Chadian forces have killed 120 militants from Boko Haram in a battle in the north of neighboring Cameroon that began when the insurgents attacked its troops, the army said in a statement on Saturday, adding that three of its soldiers were killed.

Boko Haram has recently launched cross-border attacks from Nigeria into Cameroon and Chad as part of its drive for an Islamist state in the northeast of Nigeria. Chad and Cameroon have stepped up troop deployments to fight the militants.
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Scott Walker And The Art Of Winning

(With the exit of Mitt Romney, I'm beginning to hear a little bit of a drumbeat
for Scott Walker and I'm liking it...)

Via The Week:
http://theweek.com/articles/536579/scott-walker-art-winning

General Patton famously declared that "Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser." He was right. And as we look to the 2016 presidential race, I think Taegan Goddard put his finger on something very true with this tweet:

TWEET

Taegan Goddard   @politicalwire 
Follow
Why Republicans love Scott Walker: He wins without caving
http://politicalwire.com/2015/01/29/republicans-love-scott-walker
11:07 AM - 29 Jan 2015   44 Retweets   11 favorites

In American politics, winning often isn't enough. You have to win on your own terms, too.

Conservatives have very obviously had enough of politicians who cave. That hold-the-line, never-give-in attitude has burned at the heart of the Tea Party for years. Less noticed, but equally important, is the fact that we have plenty of conservative lawmakers whose reputations are built on their adherence to principle, their total commitment to never cave — and who inevitably lose. They may make excuses and point fingers to try and claim that losing is winning — but they are still losers.

It's pretty clear when someone tries and fails: They try to oust the speaker of the House, but he's still here! They try to defund ObamaCare, but somehow it doesn't end!

We have squishes who win and stalwarts who lose. What we really crave is a conservative winner who doesn't cave. And Scott Walker is very arguably that guy.

He won in 2010. He picked a fight with Big Labor and won. He survived a recall. And he won again in 2014 — by almost the same margin as he did in 2010. That's three wins in four years for a man who governed as a conservative reformer in a state that the Republican presidential nominee hasn't carried since 1984. As Taegan said, Walker is a winner who doesn't cave.

Other conservative "fighters" may try to frame fighting the good fight (and losing) as the highest virtue, but fighting and winning is vastly superior. And on that count, Scott Walker took on the unions — and won.

Winning covers a multitude of sins. As Dave Weigel noted recently, part of the reason the conservative base gave George W. Bush a pass, and doesn't seem to be giving Jeb one, is that early polling showed Bush defeating Al Gore (no such polling shows Jeb — or anyone — beating Hillary Clinton). After eight years of Barack Obama, Republicans are anxious to back a winner, and time and again, Walker has pulled rabbits out of his hat. At some point, we want to believe in magic.

I'm still skeptical Walker has the requisite rock star charisma to make it all the way to the top, but I do buy the notion that he's the one guy that every faction of the GOP could unite behind. And — if one is to buy the argument that the base is looking for someone who a) doesn't cave, and b) actually wins, then he's in a class all his own.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Super Bowl Baby Momma Drama –
Does Seahawk Player Stay With The Baby Momma For The Birth Of Their First Child
On Sunday Or Does He Play In The Game?

Ashley Moss with Richard Sherman

(Forget deflated balls....)

Via USA Today

Richard Sherman's girlfriend is due any day now with the couple's first child. Of course, he's going to be with her when the baby is born.

Or is he?

If Ashley Moss has their baby Sunday, Sherman could be faced with a choice different than that of almost any other father-to-be. Different than other athletes have faced, even.

"I've thought about the possibility of his coming during the game or coming before the game," Sherman said this week. "We have things in place in case that happens. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

"I would not like to miss the birth of my first kid," he added. "Hopefully, and God willing, we won't have to cross that bridge."

It's easy to say Sherman should skip the Super Bowl, that family comes first.[...]

But the Seahawks are Sherman's family, too.

"It's so difficult for him," Mahan told USA TODAY Sports after the second round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open. "He's playing a team sport. And the Super Bowl is such a historic experience and the pinnacle of his sport. I'll say this – it's up to him. There isn't a wrong or right decision – it's a you decision."

It's an important distinction that Mahan and Mickelson faced decisions that didn't impact anyone else — well, except their wives and whoever had to juggle the logistics. But if Sherman skips the Super Bowl, he deprives the Seahawks of their best player. That's 52 teammates. Carroll and his 24-man coaching staff. General manager John Schneider. Owner Paul Allen. All those other folks who work for the team, too.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Al Crapton Loses to the Teleprompter Some More

Only in a world gone insane can a cockroach rake in $millions upon $millions even though he is too stupid to read:

Good thing for Crapton he has plenty of pull... http://moonbattery.com/?p=53825 ; with that you don't need talent or intelligence.

See here and here for more examples of Crapton losing big to his teleprompter.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Cubitat: 10-by-10-Foot Home

Rubbing elbows with other members of the global moonbat ruling class, Al Gore and Felipe Calderon recently hatched a plan to spend $90 trillion of other people's money to force us to live more densely packed together so that we won't need to offend the polar bears by driving cars. The Cubitat should fit their schemes nicely:

Those on a quest to rethink small-space living build tiny houses, install pop-up rentals on vacant lots, and design portable 10-square-foot microkitchens tucked inside armoires. Presented over the weekend at Toronto's Interior Design Show, Cubitat is a 10-by-10-by-10-foot cube that houses a kitchen, bathroom, bed, laundry, and storage.

Presenting the Cubitat:

Here's a design project that might be even more suitable in the planned utopian world populated only by liberals:

Or better still, this home comes complete with free government-provided healthcare:

However, repeated experience during the 20th century indicates that utopian schemes are more likely to lead to even more space-efficient housing — in mass graves.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

And it's the Patriots, 28-24!

The way Seattle sees things now:

STOP THE ILLUMINATI   @Illuminati_Stop 
Follow
THE PATRIOTS CLINCHED SUPER BOWL 49 WITH THIS INTERCEPTION...
THAT WAS CONTROLLED BY THE ILLUMINATI. #SB49 #SuperBowl

8:08 PM - 1 Feb 2015
1,747 Retweets   1,341 favorites 

P.S.

TOM BRADY IS # 12.
0 + 12 = 12
HITLER WAS ONCE 12 YEARS OLD.
BRADY= HITLER.

#SuperBowlXLIX

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk