This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

On the chance that for one reason or another Hillary Clinton decides not to run in 2016, Joe Biden wants us all to know that, after spending most of his adult life at the public trough, he is willing to sacrifice his golden years to being president. It's worth noting that he would be 72 years old when he'd move into the White House, meaning he would be 80 when he moved out. One look at Obama's white hair should remind everyone that even a president who's always taking off for Martha's Vineyard or Hawaii, seems to age at supernatural speed.

Inasmuch as I'm 75, I wouldn't want to hold his age against him, especially when there are so many other, even more compelling, reasons Biden shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Oval Office, even as a member of a tour group.

For one thing, although he was sold to us in 2008 as a man with a great deal of experience when it came to foreign affairs, as a senator he was inevitably wrong. And for the past six years, his chief function was cheerleading for the worst president in U.S. history.

Will any of us ever forget the moment when the biggest potty-mouth in Washington leaned in close to Obama's left ear and told him that the Affordable Care Act was "a big f-----g deal!"

In "The First Family Detail," Ron Kessler's latest book about the Secret Service, Kessler reminds us that in 2011, Obama put Biden in charge of cutting government waste. As executive decisions go, that ranks right up there with putting a fox in charge of the White House chicken coop. At least a fox wouldn't cost taxpayers a quarter of a million dollars a year flying between the coop in Washington, D.C., and his den in Wilmington, Delaware. Furthermore, I very much doubt that -- unlike Biden -- any self-respecting fox would charge the Secret Service $2,200-a-month for the cottage that the agents assigned to protect him are forced to rent.

This is the same vice-president who spent Labor Day telling UAW members in Detroit: "It's time to take back America." His rallying cry drew predictable cheers from the assembled louts. But how is it possible that not even one person in the crowd raised his hand and asked, "Do you mean take it back from you and Obama?"

A Missouri state senator, Jamilah Nasheed, has been all over TV, insisting that Robert McCulloch can't be trusted to prosecute the Michael Brown case for the novel reason that he didn't win a majority of the black vote. I found that fascinating because Barack Obama didn't win the majority of the white vote in 2008 or 2012. In fact, no Democratic presidential candidate has done so since LBJ back in 1964, which explains the Democrats' endless pandering to black voters during the half century since then.

One of my readers, Penny Alfonso, has suggested that one of the most over-used expressions in America is the one that goes "We need to have a national conversation about (race) (guns) (police violence)," pointing out that, in spite of what Eric Holder claims to the contrary, we already have these conversations. They take place all the time at dinner tables, in the workplace, in taverns, ballparks and churches.

The fact is I hear from more people than most congressmen. What's more, they hear back from me. In my experience, writing to one's representative is a waste of a postage stamp. You either get a canned one-size-fits-all-occasions note or nothing at all.

Generally, when people call for a national conversation, they, like Attorney General Holder mean, shut up, listen to my litany of grievances, apologize for being (a racist), (a misogynist), (a homophobe), (a patriotic gun owner) or (a Christian) and admit the error of your ways.

Equally annoying is the statement to which so many members of this sleazy administration are addicted: "I can't possibly comment in the midst of an ongoing investigation."
Frankly, I don't know why people decide to run off and be war correspondents, but I would suggest that anyone who decides that his destiny demands that he venture into Middle East conflicts pack a poison pill along with his toilet paper and bottled water. It would sure beat getting beheaded by some Muslim creep. And it certainly makes for a better obituary than one that happens to mention that your last words were propaganda statements attacking America.

Speaking of the Middle East, the king of Saudi Arabia recently said that people shouldn't support terrorists. I'm not sure if you file that one under Irony or Hypocrisy. After all, the Saudi royal family has been paying off Muslim extortionists for decades in the hope that the Islamic alligators will eat them last.

Between Russia, China, North Korea, Iran and Syria, the world has become a very wicked place. But the truth is that since 1988, we've elected two Bushes, one Clinton and an Obama. So not only haven't we been part of the solution, we've been a major part of the problem. I would suggest that you'd do better than that quartet by randomly picking four names out of the phonebook.

And as much joy as I get from kicking Obama in the shins every chance I get, and ridiculing his constant need to be playing golf and attending fundraisers, the only people I know who think they're entitled to take five week summer vacations are the French and the members of Congress.

But at least the French know how to speak French, whereas most members of Congress can barely ask for directions to the bathroom in English

....Burt
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Intruder Who Made It Into The White House Was
Iraq War Vet Suffering PTSD, According To Family

(Very sad case)

Via LA Times:
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-white-house-arrest-20140920-story.html

The intruder who scaled a White House fence and made it through the front doors was an Army veteran diagnosed with combat trauma, but authorities said Saturday the case was still under investigation.

A family member in California said Omar J. Gonzalez, 42, of Copperas Cove, Texas, near Ft. Hood, has been homeless and living alone in the wild and in campgrounds with his two pet dogs for the last two years.

"We talked to him on 9/11 and he said he planned to go to a Veterans Administration hospital to seek treatments," said the family member, who asked that he not be identified pending completion of the Secret Service investigation.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Obamacare Architect Announces
'Optimal Age Of Death'

(It's goofball Ezekiel 'Death Panel' Emanuel at it again.  The article is supposedly about his personal choice, but within it is an implicit judgment on the value of life.  Hurry up and die, don't oppress your children and society with the possibility having to take care of you.  Or in his words, is "our consumption" "worth our contribution?")

Via The Atlantic:
http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/09/why-i-hope-to-die-at-75/379329/   

Seventy-five.

That's how long I want to live: 75 years.

This preference drives my daughters crazy. It drives my brothers crazy. My loving friends think I am crazy. They think that I can't mean what I say; that I haven't thought clearly about this, because there is so much in the world to see and do. To convince me of my errors, they enumerate the myriad people I know who are over 75 and doing quite well. They are certain that as I get closer to 75, I will push the desired age back to 80, then 85, maybe even 90.

I am sure of my position. Doubtless, death is a loss. It deprives us of experiences and milestones, of time spent with our spouse and children. In short, it deprives us of all the things we value.

But here is a simple truth that many of us seem to resist: living too long is also a loss. It renders many of us, if not disabled, then faltering and declining, a state that may not be worse than death but is nonetheless deprived. It robs us of our creativity and ability to contribute to work, society, the world. It transforms how people experience us, relate to us, and, most important, remember us. We are no longer remembered as vibrant and engaged but as feeble, ineffectual, even pathetic.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Retired Head Of Marine Corps: Freak'n Obuma's ISIS Strategy
"Doesn't Have A Snowball's Chance In Hell Of Succeeding"

(Hey, just the former head of the Marine Corps, not like he has Obuma's military experience, you know killing Osama Bin Laden and all)

Via Daily Caller:
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/19/retired-head-of-marine-corps-obamas-isis-strategy-doesnt-have-a-snowballs-chance-in-hell-of-succeeding/

The man who was the top Marine general from 2006 until his retirement in 2010 says President Barack Obama's strategy to defeat the terrorist group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria is doomed to fail.

"I don't think the president's plan has a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding," retired Marine General James Conway, who served as the 34th Commandant of the Marine Corps during the end of the Bush administration and the beginning of the Obama administration, said at the Maverick PAC Conference in Washington, D.C. Friday, according to a source in attendance.

Maverick PAC has described itself as a super PAC "dedicated to inspiring the next-generation of conservatives, electing a new generation of conservative leaders, and sharing common goals and interests that will help shape the future of America."

The source said Conway's major concern was that the U.S. did not have a force on the ground in Syria it could rely on, like the Kurdish Peshmerga in Iraq. Though the Obama administration believes it can support what it says are moderate rebel forces in Syria to aid in the fight against ISIS, many critics warn that there may be no truly moderate force in the country of any significant strength.

The Commandant of the Marine Corps also serves as a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. During the 2003 Iraq War, Conway led the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force.

Obama's strategy to degrade and destroy ISIS has come under fire in recent days for other reasons as well, especially for preemptively taking off the table the possibility of using American combat troops to achieve the mission.

"You just don't take anything off the table up front, which it appears the administration has tried to do," retired Gen. James Mattis, who served as head of Central Command from 2010 until his retirement in 2013, told the House Intelligence Committee on Thursday.

"Specifically, if this threat to our nation is determined to be as significant as I believe it is, we may not wish to reassure our enemies in advance that they will not see American 'boots on the ground,'" he added. "If a brigade of our paratroopers or a battalion landing team of our Marines would strengthen our allies at a key juncture and create havoc/humiliation for our adversaries, then we should do what is necessary with our forces that exist for that very purpose."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Next to having pundits and politicians urging uninformed, uninterested, couch potatoes to get out and vote, nothing during election years ticks me off quite as much as listening to birdbrains groan on about negative campaigning.

I have no idea how it got started or who started it, but I suspect it was some political weasel who had mastered the art of taking and concealing bribes, and who resented the opposition candidate going public with the news. After all, none of us can keep track of everything our representatives do or even how they vote. The one good thing about elections is that the people who have the most to gain by filling in the blank spots finally have our undivided attention.

Besides, politicians, whatever else they may be, are people too, and people are far likelier to tell the truth about others than they are about themselves.

That isn't meant to suggest I approve of lying. It does mean I want to know the very worst about those seeking my vote. And if lies are being told, I want to know about that, too, and I don't condemn those in the best position to tell me.

If anything, I tend to distrust so-called positive campaigning, which takes the form of making promises that most of the time the candidate is in no position to fulfill. For instance, if a Republican vows to get rid of the Affordable Care Act, he may have good intentions, but until Obama packs up and moves back to Chicago, it remains nothing more than a sales promotion without a money-back guarantee.

Someone wrote to me recently, promoting the notion of term limits. I understood his argument, I simply disagreed. If people wish to keep voting for the same rascals, I figure that's their inalienable right. Besides, as I wrote back to those who wished to share their jubilation upon hearing that Henry Waxman was finally retiring from the House, who did they think would replace him? Inasmuch as the voters in California's 33rd Congressional District had been re-electing Waxman for the past 40 years, the 33rd obviously has more idiots per square mile than Holland has tulips. There are three things I can safely say, sight unseen, about the person who'll be taking over. He or she will be younger than Waxman, be equally boneheaded when it comes to the issues and have much smaller nostrils.

Another reader wrote, wondering why, by and large, politics attracts such a mediocre group of people. "It can hardly be otherwise," I responded, "because most rational human beings prefer to pursue a career where people who tend to be uninformed or misinformed don't get to decide every two, four or six years, if you get to keep your job. On top of that, even if you manage to win your election, you will then have to go to work every day and try to get along with a bunch of slack-jawed ignoramuses like Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Patty Murray, Al Franken and Elijah Cummings.

Worse yet, you might have to put up with the self-righteous racist, Eric Holder, whom that other self-righteous racist, Barack Obama, put in charge of the Justice Department.

It was bad enough when Holder refused to indict the New Black Panthers for intimidating white voters in Philadelphia, but it only got worse when he decided that under his watch only whites would ever be indicted and tried for race crimes. And no matter how often America has seen black thugs attack white cops and white civilians for no other reason than their race, Holder has remained steadfast.

Because of the power Holder wields, not even the usual suspects, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Jeremiah Wright, can count themselves as true contenders for the title when it comes to being the Biggest Racist in America.

From opening day, Holder has chided white America for being too cowardly to have a conversation about race. But Holder is in no position to cast stones because he refuses to acknowledge that when the great majority of white Americans show antipathy to blacks, it has nothing to do with pigmentation, everything to do with values or, as Martin Luther King put it, character.

It so happens white Americans have no problem distinguishing between good people and bad, readily able, unlike Holder, to distinguish between the likes of Condoleezza Rice, Jayson Riley, Ben Carson, Clarence Thomas, Star Parker and Thomas Sowell and street thugs like Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown.

It may come as a bolt from the blue to Holder, who views the world through ebony-colored glasses, but most white people have little or no use for white people who don't even bother graduating from high school; who deal or use illegal drugs; who accept welfare as a legitimate life style; who don't bother getting married before having babies; who don't take responsibility for their crimes, preferring to blame others or simply circumstances for murder, rape and robbery.

If we abhor such behavior in whites, Mr. Holder, why on earth should we accept or excuse it when it comes to blacks? You keep telling us that whites are too cowardly to have an honest conversation about race. If you mean we don't want to be lectured to by an attorney general who has lost sight of what justice is or why Lady Justice is always pictured wearing a blindfold, you're right. But if you want to have a debate, name the time and place. I'm locked and loaded.

Finally, I long ago decided that senior moments only meant that our older heads are so filled with names, facts, dates and memories that it just keeps getting harder and harder to sift through everything as quickly as we once did, when we were younger and knew so much less. And now I'm happy to report that scientific researchers have finally come to the same conclusion. It only takes them longer because, one, they lack my intuitive powers and, two, they wouldn't get paid if they skipped past all the boring stuff.
But this normal condition should obviously not be confused with the tragedy of Alzheimer's. Those poor souls don't suffer from having an over-stuffed attic, but from having the remains of an attic in which some unknown villain has lobbed a hand grenade.
Still, the next time you find yourself standing in a room, unsure whether you're there to pick something up or lay something down, think about poor Methuselah and consider yourself lucky. Rumor has it he made it all the way to his 969th birthday. Imagine what it must have been like for him, spending nearly nine hundred years trying to remember where the heck he left his TV remote.

....Burt
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Best Story Of The Day

The Young, Responsible, Motivated, Articulate, Anti-Sharpton....

Via Clash Daily:

BOOM: HS Football Player Shatters Sharpton's Race-Baiting in Less Than 2 Minutes.

Apollos Hester plays for the East View High School Patriots in Georgetown, Texas. Down 28 – 14 at halftime against their opponent, Vandergrift, on Friday, the Patriots mounted a comeback and won 42-41. After the game, Hester was interviewed by Lauren Mickler of Time Warner Cable Sports. She asked, "What were you guys able to do to come back and win this thing?"

From there, Hester's infectious motivational speaking took over in a way that makes him appear to be more wise beyond his years. This young man will go far in life.

VIDEO:

[...]

For the last 6 years, we have listened to the race-baiting, income redistribution language of Barack Obama. We have heard the typical racial grievance artists Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and activist Attorney General Eric Holder place the finger of blame on the ills plaguing people, especially the black community, on others. Personal responsibility, under the Obama regime, has become something that is neither expected nor praised.

The welfare state has increased. Big government has gotten even bigger. There is a push, led by Obama, for an increased minimum wage to as much as $15 an hour, during a time, might I add, when he is cutting benefits, pay, and meals for our military.

In fact, in listening to Obama, he has led far too many Americans to believe that the system is rigged against them and they have 'never had a fair shot because others haven't given their fair share'. The overt Marxism in his language is astounding and has no place in America, let alone being uttered by an American president.

In his attempt to fundamentally transform America, Obama is leading the people down a path of complacency, bitterness, and envy. His hope and change mantra quickly morphed into gimme the change, as in cash, that I'm hoping for. It's a sad state in America right now with the defeatist attitude fed by Barack Obama and his minions.

If only the Barack Obama, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Eric Holder, and all their sycophantic followers and mouthpieces would listen to this high school football player, heed his words, emulate them, and attempt to bring this powerful and positive message to the masses.

Apollos Hester plays for the East View High School Patriots in Georgetown, Texas. Down 28 – 14 at halftime against their opponent, Vandergrift, on Friday, the Patriots mounted a comeback and won 42-41. After the game, Hester was interviewed by Lauren Mickler of Time Warner Cable Sports.

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/09/22/high-school-football-player-shatters-progressive-division-tactics-in-less-than-two-minutes/#!
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

OORAH! Marines Sing, "There's No God Like Jehovah
!"
Posted on September 22, 2014 by Ad rem

"Oohrah! This video of Marines singing is going to drive the secular humanists INSANE."
--Alan West

To anyone out there who may have written California off as a lost cause,  behold this group of young Marines in their monthly Faith Warrior service at the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California.   It's been shared nearly 400,000 times since it first debuted on Merrie Pardee Baldwin's Facebook last September 15th.  Baldwin wrote, "Participatory worship.  I love how excited the men get to sing this song and the camaraderie."

*Dusty keyboard alert!!!

VIDEO:

DAYS OF ELIJAH
(Some of the lyrics include:)
These are the days of Elijah
Declaring the word of the Lord, yeah
And these are the days of Your servant, Moses
Righteousness being restored

These are the days of great trials
Of famine and darkness and sword
Still we are the voice in the desert crying
Prepare ye the way of the Lord!

(AllenWest)...And this blessed me as well. You see, I truly don't worry about America. What I am concerned about are the sheep who lead these lions.
Enjoy the video and please pray for these young Marines — who volunteered to serve — have the freedom of religion and the free exercise thereof, especially since they stand as the sentinels protecting that right for us all.

(Be careful, you progressive socialists, about complaining about this. I'm sure y'all supported repealing "Don't ask, don't tell.")
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

50 Facts That Show How Far America Has Fallen In This Generation
By

By Michael Snyder, on September 18th, 2014

What has happened to America?  Please show these numbers to anyone that does not believe that the United States is in decline.  It is time for all of us to humble ourselves and face the reality of what has happened to our once great nation.  For those of us that love America, it is heartbreaking to watch the foundations of our society rot and decay in thousands of different ways.  The following are 50 facts that show how far America has fallen in this generation, but the truth is that this list could have been far, far longer....

#1 According to a survey that was just conducted, only 36 percent of all Americans can name the three branches of government.

#2 Only 25 percent of all Americans know how long U.S. Senators are elected for (6 years), and only 20 percent of all Americans know how many U.S. senators there are.

#3 Even if you include same-sex couples in the numbers, the marriage rate in the United States is at a 93 year low.

#4 For the first time ever, single Americans make up more than half the U.S. population.

#5 31.1 percent of American young adults in the 18 to 34-year-old age bracket are currently living with their parents.

#6 One out of every ten teen girls in America engages in "self-harm".  Cutting and burning are the most common forms that this "self-harm" takes.

#7 One survey found that 85 percent of all young men in America and almost half of all young women in America watch porn at least once a month.

#8 A different survey discovered that 64 percent of American men of all ages view pornography at least once per month.

#9 The Internet can be used for great good, but it can also be used for great evil.  It is being reported that 83 percent of U.S. boys and 57 percent of U.S. girls have been exposed to group sex while on the Internet.

#10 One survey discovered that 25 percent of all employees that have Internet access in the United States visit sex websites while they are at work.

#11 There is an epidemic of porn watching among federal employees.  For example, one Treasury Department worker said that he viewed 13,000 pornographic images within the span of six weeks because he did "not have enough work to do".

#12 An astounding 30 percent of all Internet traffic now goes to adult websites.

#13 Right now, 30 million Americans are on antidepressants.

#14 Americans account for about five percent of the global population, but we buy more than 50 percent of the pharmaceutical drugs.

#15 Americans consume a whopping 80 percent of all prescription painkillers.

#16 According to a study conducted by the Mayo Clinic, nearly 70 percent of all Americans are on at least one prescription drug, and 20 percent of all Americans are on at least five prescription drugs.

#17 Approximately 60 million Americans have a problem with alcohol addiction.

#18 Heroin traffic in New York City is at a 20 year high.

#19 Of all the major industrialized nations, America is the most obese.  Mexico is #2.

#20 Back in 1962, only 13 percent of all Americans were obese, but it is being projected that 42 percent of all Americans could be obese by the year 2030.

#21 70 percent of Americans do not "feel engaged or inspired at their jobs".

#22 40 percent of all workers in the United States actually make less than what a full-time minimum wage worker made back in 1968 after you account for inflation.

#23 Small business ownership in the United States is at the lowest level that has ever been recorded.

#24 It is hard to believe, but 56 percent of all Americans now have "subprime credit".

#25 The United States has the most lawyers per capita in the entire world.

#26 The United States has the highest incarceration rate and the largest total prison population in the entire world by a wide margin.

#27 While Barack Obuma has been in the White House, the U.S. national debt has grown by more than 7 trillion dollars.

#28 During the Obama years, sexual assaults in the U.S. military have soared to an all-time high, and most of the assaults have been male on male.

#29 According to one absolutely shocking study, 22 military veterans kill themselves in the United States every single day.

#30 The top Democrat in the U.S. House of Representatives is Nancy Pelosi.  The top Republican in the U.S. House of Representatives is John Boehner.  More often than not, they seem to be working together.  Is this really the best that America can do?

#31 There are more than 3 million reports of child abuse in the United States every single year.

#32 At this point, approximately one out of every three children in the United States lives in a home without a father.

#33 18 percent of all women in the United States say that they have been raped at some point in their lives.

#34 It is estimated that one out of every four girls will be sexually abused before they become adults.

#35 Approximately one-third of the entire population of the United States (110 million people) currently has a sexually transmitted disease according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

#36 Every single year, there are 20 million new STD cases in America.

#37 America has the highest STD infection rate in the entire industrialized world.

#38 Americans in the 15 to 24-year-old age group account for about 50 percent of all new STD cases each year.

#39 It costs our nation approximately 16 billion dollars a year to treat our sexually transmitted diseases.

#40 According to one survey, 24 percent of all U.S. teens that have STDs say that they still have unprotected sex.

#41 In the United States today, more than half of all couples "move in together" before they get married.

#42 For couples that have children that are just "living together", two-thirds of them split up by the time they have a child turn 10 years of age.

#43 For women under the age of 30 in the United States, more than half of all babies are being born out of wedlock.

#44 According to a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately two-thirds of all Americans in the 15 to 24-year-old age bracket have engaged in oral sex.

#45 Suicide has now actually surpassed car accidents as the number one cause of "injury death" in the United States.

#46 In a massacre that is almost unspeakable, more than 56 million American babies have been slaughtered in this country since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973.

#47 Approximately 47 percent of the women that get an abortion each year in the United States have also had a previous abortion.

#48 The number of American babies killed by abortion each year is roughly equal to the number of U.S. military deaths that have occurred in all of the wars that the United States has ever fought combined.

#49 About one-third of all American women will have had an abortion by the age of 45.

#50 The United States has the highest abortion rate in the western world.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk