Author Topic: Where's BOSS?  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Rapid Lee

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Where's BOSS?
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:14:56 AM »
What happened to the B.O.S.S. forum ???

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: Where's BOSS?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 11:55:43 AM »
As you can see - the 'BOSS Forum' has moved and has a new moderator.

It's been folded under the 'Historical Society Forum' and will most likely be re-named before too long - to better reflect more of those 'other' original revolvers of the Frontier West that didn't come from the Colt plant.

I debated wheter to leave it as a 'stand-alone' forum - but seeing the relatively small amount of traffic led me to put it here.

We'll still talk about Schofields and their reproductions, of course - but I'd like to see far more on the various manufacturers who'd suppied the American Cowboy with his sidearms during those long-past times.

A few things will be re-posted from my 'Notes' - just to start the ball rolling.

Any questions - send a PM or ask on the forum and I'll do my best to answer them.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Rapid Lee

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 02:13:40 PM »
Thanks for setting me straight...however with all due respect, I don't see how moving it within the Historical Society Forum will improve traffic.  I liked it where it was because I had just one area to go to in order to visit all my favorite gun forums, including SCORRS and STORM.  I also think Joss House was quite clear that the forum included discussions on all the break open type revolvers; not just S&W but others such as Webleys and Merwin Hulberts as well.  Anyway, good luck to you and my thanks to Joss House for his efforts while he was holding the reins  ;)

Rapid

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:07:37 PM »

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 09:07:40 PM »
The original intent of the forum was primarily what it's title was - and then - later - someone wanted to know about the 'other' Top-Breaks.

During the period - there were many more revolvers designed, built and purchased - and they didn't all feature that system.

By re-naming and re-focusing - I think that there'll be more information shared.

A forum's only as good as its input - and this one's been fairly dormant.

I suppose you can only say so much about Italian S&W replicas and WWI-era Webleys before folks lose interest.

Maybe by reviewing and talking about a few more revolvers - the knowledge base will expand.

Joss did a good job and asked if I'd take it over - so I reviewed it and told the Marshal what I'd do - and now - here we are.

Since I think I can help it grow in its new 'home' - I said I would.

The various Forums are all on the same page - just look for this one in smaller type...

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com