Author Topic: I didn't see that one coming  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Dirty Dan Dawkins

• Wyoming or bust!
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Mid Ga's electric cowboy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I didn't see that one coming
« on: June 12, 2006, 07:37:38 PM »
I may be playin with fire here.........In the video store the other day. Glancing down the aisles, I noticed a gay sheepherder movie  poster. What caught my attention most was the name Larry McMurtry and him having done the screenplay. Well, I came home and googled and sure enough it's the same Larry McMurtry of Lonesome Dove fame. I didn't see that one coming.
Now I ain't sayin burn his books or dvd's and purge yourself of someone that has sold out to the Hollywood dollar, but it's kinda hard on my Old West aspiring, Judeo-Christian views.
Never the less, I find him very talented.
I play cards with J.D. Shellnut....chief of Police...SO get off my a**!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I didn't see that one coming
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 07:48:23 PM »
I never liked McMurtrys stories much.  What made Lonesome Dove such a great movie were the actors and the efforts made by the producton crew in research.  Without those factors I think that the movie would have bombed.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com