Author Topic: 1873 rifle  (Read 2841 times)

Offline sweettooth

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1873 rifle
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:57:44 PM »
Bought a new cimarron 73 deluxe some time ago . A few things I felt could be improved. So I sent it off to Joe Alves at pioneer gun works.  WoW  He called me when he recieved the weapon and told me what he planned to do. Good communication.
 I took it for a test run this a.m. Crisp action and trigger. Being new to this sport I didnt really know what people were talking about
 when they said crisp. Now I do.
 Chambered  .38 spec. 130 grain pistol rounds no problem. O.k. I've got something even shorter 125gr.  from ammo direct.
 Chambered just fine and felt like I was levering Air.  Now I had a bag a mixed .38 different grain so different length. I also threw in some .38 125gr. the short ones in no particular order. The rifle never missed a beat chambered everything smooth .
  Just a basic action job adding his short stroke kit and aluminum carrier , and it came back a different rifle. I had an action job on my Marlin but this was completly different. I am not a gamer I'm too old &  too slow but I love the feeling of anything that is mechanically smooth.
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: 1873 rifle
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 07:58:15 AM »
Camille just grins and nods her head.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com