Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 08:59:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Newbrassky 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 435 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 944678 times)
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2004, 05:58:19 pm »

"Looks good, often it is said that folks chose wire different from their neighbor so if'n ya got lost in a blizzard out in the open, ya could tell which fence it was by the pattern of the wire." Grin

"Now if Trinity would show up we need holes dug."

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Trinity
AKA the Chicory Kid
Top Active Citizen

Here's to Miss AnnieLee!

« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2004, 08:37:30 pm »

Delmonico and Slim, impatient, ride out to see what's holding Trinity up.  As they reach the first post erected by Trinity (and the only post errected by Trinity... [...FENCE POST!!!]) they find him asleep against the post, which wasn't even straight.  Amazed that Trinity can sleep for over 24 hours, they each give Trinity a swift kick.

"OOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!  Now, why'd ya have to go and do that??"  They brought Trinity up to date, but he was hung up on Annie's comments: "It has been a while since that last trip to the wagons, even thems that hang plumb down to the ground would be nice!!  ...But then again, that visit by the doc weren't nice 'tall."

Trinity put thoughts of the flesh out of his mind (well, mostly) and focused on the job at hand.  "Jest how do we 'spect to do all this work ourselves???  We need some help.  Slim, when you fetch the bob-war, kin ya fetch some helpers???"

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2004, 09:44:39 pm »

"Well every one else can come ta supper and have prime rib, Trinity don't get none cause he said if'n I made prime rib he'd have the holes dug and the posts set by supper time." 

Delmonico figgers Trinity will no get them done,  but since this is a cyberstory he thinks Trinity would be smart enough to say it's done, so he can have some cyberprime rib with the mustard rub on it. Roll Eyes

Besides that when it is done there is some 12 year, no wait 18 year old cyber sourmash he can have and it don't have nothin' in the bottle ta make him puke er poop. Shocked Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2004, 09:38:12 am »

Slim hitches the team to the wagon and goes to town for the wire, posts, staples, hammers, fence stretcher, and post hole diggers. "I will see if I can find some fellers in town to help us with the fence. I'll be back soon."

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Joyce (AnnieLee)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2004, 09:48:51 am »

AnnieLee poofs back in like some kind of frumpy fairy godmother.

"Don't forget more leather gloves, Slim, you'll be needing them!"

She turns and swipes a loaf of bread, then poofs back out with a glittering of sawdust.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2004, 10:08:49 am »

"Real men don't wear gloves. Since there are no real men 'round here, I'll get a dozen pair."  Grin

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Joyce (AnnieLee)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2004, 10:25:50 am »

A scruffy looking yellow dog meanders into the camp. He roves around a bit, sniffing at the bedrolls. So lean his ribs are showing, he gets a perplexed look, and ranges further out. After a few minutes, he trots back, now fully frustrated. With a sheepish look to Trinity, he raises his leg on a wagon wheel.

Much relieved he gives Delmonico his best "feed me?" look.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2004, 11:12:42 am »

Delmonico looks at the yallar dog, and gives it some bread, cause if it's a yallar dog it's gonna ba a Lab (not lap) dog and any Lab dog Delmonico's ever seen likes bread,  Delmonico's Lab he used ta have even tried bakin' bread a couple of times.  (Flour all over the house. Shocked)  Besides that when the fence is done Slim can take that 10 ga he's talked about in the Longbranch and TFS and shoot us some ducks and geese, Delmonico can cook Czech food and he likes duck, kraut and dumplin's.  Delmonico hollors at Slim while he's leavin" "Get some cabbage so I can make kraut, get some potatoes, some rye flour, caraway seed, some prunees or poppy seed or both.  Ya might see if'n ya can find some Bohunks (slang for Czech folks from Bohemia, a region in Czechasovakia) ta build fence.

Mutterin' to himself Delmonico wonders what he did with his potatoe ricer.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2004, 11:19:29 am »

"Okay, I will see if the Dry Goods store has that stuff. Them Bohunk's any good at building fence?"

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2004, 11:32:31 am »

"They be some of the best farm workers ever, Delmonico has many Bohunk Farmer friends, that's how he learned ta cook Czech food.  I ain't a real bohunk, but I be a honorary Czech and ya don't get that from stayin' in a Holiday Inn last night." Roll Eyes

And all I know use the term Bohunk, just smile when ya says it. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2004, 12:17:07 pm »

The yellow dog snarfs up the bread, licking up all the leftover crumbs. He gives the departing Slim a tilt of the head "you should have googled Bohunk" look, then hunts up some shade to lay in.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2004, 12:30:57 pm »

Slim arrives in North Platte. Orders the wire, fence posts fence stretcher, staples, hammers, and post hole diggers form the Hardware store. Gets the stuff that Delmonico wants at the Dry Goods store. Goes to the Livery to rent a couple teams and wagons. Goes to the saloon to see if there are any Bohunk who might want to hire on to make fence. He finds 4 Bohunks in the saloon that he hires on. He and the Bohunks take the wagons to the hardware, load the wagons, and head for the ranch.

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2004, 12:42:27 pm »

While Slim and the Bohunks were leaving town. An interesting character rode in.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2004, 01:00:03 pm »

"It's Terry Lane." Shocked Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2004, 01:13:42 pm »

"Joe "M.T. Brass" Krumbach, of Osceola (left) waits for his turn at the eighth stage of the Nebraska State Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting at the Grand Island Rifle Club. "Terry Lane" Fitzgerald (center), of Lincoln, loads his pistols under the supervision of official Mike "Clearwater Kid" Carlson of Delta Junction, Ala."

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2004, 01:20:24 pm »

Good job Slim, but ya fergot ta mention that Terry is also the offical Newbrasskey State "Buffalo Bill." Wink

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2004, 01:26:41 pm »

After tearin' up the cook camp, Delmonico realizes the left his potato ricer in the 24 mule team chuckwagon back in the Nuther Story thread.  He writes a note dat says: Went to get potato ricer, be back by supper time, if ya get back heat up some beans in the can, poke a hole it the can first and use a glove ta remove it. Shocked

Delmonico then saddles his mule and rides it ta Maxwell, buys a ticket on the Westbound UP and passes inta the "Nuther Story" thread. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2004, 01:39:35 pm »

Sensing the commotion, the yellow dog perks his ears and follows after Delmonico.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2004, 01:42:42 pm »

Slim and the Bohunks arrive in camp with the wagons. Slim reads Delmonicos note. "What is so blasted special 'bout dat tater ricer dat he has to go back to Tejas fer it.?" *Shakes head* "Well, boys, we might as well start make fence since we ain't gonna et nothin' but beans." So, Slim and the boys start making fence.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2004, 01:57:13 pm »

Peekin' inta the Newbrasskey thread, Delmonico realizes that Slim is loosin' his bearings and needs ta google a map, cause Hangin' Woman Creek is in Whyomin". Grin 

He also wonders why the fellow of German decent from Wissyconsion don't know nothin' bout tater dumplin's, cause thats German food also. Roll Eyes

And the yallar dog sits patiently by the train depot in Maxwell waitin' for Delmonico's return. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2004, 04:47:47 pm »

The yellow dog is starting to look a tad forlorn because AnnieLee, the frumpy fairy godmother, is packing to head out to the Northeast Regional to shoot. He shivers a little, thinking that while she's away, he be left sitting there like a lump of pixels.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2004, 07:27:00 pm »

Delmonico said the Bohunks were "some of the best farm workers ever". Slim was amazed at how fast they worked at digging and setting the posts. They were done with the 20 miles of posts by sundown. "Pards, lets call yer a day, go get some grub, and hit the hay early so we can start stringing wire at sunrise."

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2004, 07:41:50 pm »

The train pulled inta Maxwell a little after dark.  Delmonico gets his mule from the "Horse and Mule" livary stable and him and the Yaller dog head back ta the ranch in the dark. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2004, 08:46:01 am »

Slim gets up before light and has Delmonico rustle up some grub for the hands. He wakes the Bohunks for breakfast. After they eat, they go to string the wire on the posts. "Delmonico, we will be back fer lunch at noon. See ya then."

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2004, 10:12:27 am »

Delmonico has told the hands that the good meal will be supper, cause good food takes time.

As he prepares a surprise fer supper, he makes sourdough biscuits, beans with bacon and fried beef steaks thats been pounded and floured.  The 4 Basic B's of cowboy food. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 435 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Newbrassky « previous next »
Jump to: