Author Topic: South from Dodge  (Read 38058 times)

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: South from Dodge
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2004, 05:27:49 PM »
Trinity awakens as Slim rides off and yawns.   :o"What the...??  Whah am Ah all tahd up and what... Moh-lasses??  Feathers?  Ah caint move.  What in tarnation is going on here???????????????"

Over to the left there were a group of Indians playing with fire not paying Trinity any attention until one looks over and whispers something unintelligible to the group.   Suddenly they all run over to Trinity hooping and hollering. 

Trinity passes out.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2004, 06:17:13 PM »
Trinity awakens once again and very carefully opens one eye.  there are no indians and he is no longer bound.  The molasses has been licked away by a baby buff standing nearby trying to spit the feathers out.  Relieved and aware that a joke has been played on
him, Trinity rises and walks back to camp.  Luckily, Trinity had previously scouted the area and knew exactly which direction to head.

Back at camp, Trinity discusses his ordeal with Delmonico.  "But Ah didn't know you was allergic to Bees.  Slim tole me you wanted em an I dint mean fer them to get into yer tent!  Ah think both of us should get even with ole Slim!!

MMMMM!  Is that Sauerbraten Ah smell???  Es riecht wie das von meiner Oma, lecker!  Schmeckt's auch so gut ?  Ah hope ya aint got nothin gainst Germans, Delmonico.  Are you also makin Bratkartoffeln?
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2004, 07:05:03 PM »
Gopher Grease retuns ta camp with a milkin cow in tow. Ta asnser all yer thinkings, I done trated some kid a bag of beans fer the cow. Bet He thinks the be magic or something. Since Delmonico has the grub cookin, I think I'll do something for after. That is if Slim or Trinity can get milk from that cow, I need the cream. Gopher Grease adds more of the good wood to the fire and mixes a rich chocolat cake. As the cakes are baking he heats the cherrys with lots of sugar and a bit of butter. All we need now is someone to whip so cream and I'll put it all together.

But ya cant have now till ya have yer plates cleened. :'(

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 11:30:15 AM »

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2004, 08:09:02 PM »
Trinity, excited about the prospect of chocolate cake and this cherry dish that Gophergrease is planning to prepare jumps up and volunteers to milk the cow.  This was a mistake, however, because he has never milked a cow before.   One hour later, Trinity returns to the camp with two black eyes and his clothing torn, but nearly a half a bucket of milk.  "Ah hope this is enough, pard.  That cow shore put a fight, but Ah likes my whipped cream!"

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2004, 08:42:50 PM »
Gopher Grease splits the cooled cakes, spread on the cheerys and cream. With it stacked high he hides the thing in an empty oven. Setting it near the wagon and hopeing no one finds it till after the meal. Trinity is handed whats left of the cherrys and cream, a just reward after fighting the cow.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2004, 09:02:01 PM »
Delmonico thinks to himself, bees?  He goes over ta the tent he didn't sleep in last night and listens.
Hearing a buzzing he gets an idea.  Grabbing a bottle of cheap whiskey he pours some castor oil in it.  Givin' it ta Trinity he says here's a present, no hard fellin's and no eppepeck.   ;D

As Trinity is stumbling around trying ta fins a place ta sleep Delmonico says, "Just use my tent, I'm gonna sleep outside in my soogun."  As Trinity staggers to the tent, Delmonico whispers ta Gopher Grease, "I'll take his share of the dessert later." ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2004, 08:13:37 AM »
After a rough night sleepin' with out his feather piller, Delmonico rises and looks around, Slim and Gopher Grease have already left for the morning hunt.  "Well Gopher Grease will help Slim get the roast I need.  When I get that marinating I will need to do something about the piller."

"I wonder how Trinity is doing?"  Goin' ta the tend Delmonico listens, no buzzin'.  Opening the tent with a very long stick Delmonico sees Trinity sleepin' but no bees and no lumpy stings on Trinity?

"Must ask Slim if he has any ideas why?" 

Delmonico then starts coffee.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2004, 08:37:57 AM »
Slim rides into camp. "Delmonico, here is your hump roast." He hands him a sack. "Is Trinity still snoring?"
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2004, 10:44:28 AM »
Yeah it's so bad the bee's all left.  I gotta get another piller, but first I gotta mix 2 cups vinegar, 4 cups water, toss in two bay leaves, a bunch of pepper corns, a handful of salt, 2 ta 3 crushed garlic cloves, a sliced onion and a handful of raisins.  I then gotta bring that to a boil and put the roast in a crock (non-metalic container, shh a zip-lock bag works great  ::)) and cover it and store it in a cool place fer 3-4 days. ;D

Have Gopher Grease bake us some gingersnap cookies and make sure Trinity don't eat them all cause I'll need about 4-5 cups for the sauerbraten.  It will be ready when I get back from Fort Sill, the sutler or the army quartermaster will have a fether piller. ;)

Delmonico then saddles his mule and heads east on it. :D

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »
He better hide dem ginger snaps cuz I like em, too.  ;D
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2004, 03:39:46 PM »
"Where is that Gopher Grease guy? Since, Delmonico has been gone I ain't et. I ain't gonna touch a can 'o beans, cuz I can't figger how ta git it out of the fire without burn'n my paws. I am about ready to eat that hump roast raw."

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2004, 03:49:38 PM »
"I hope Delmonico picks up a scattergun of Fort Sill. I have a hankering for roasted goose and/or turkey." "My Pa was stationed at Fort Sill for awhile. The chiggers really liked him while he was there." "Well, since I ain't gonna get anything to eat I might as well go shoot some buff." Slim saddles his horse, grabs his Sharps and a couple boxes of cartridges, and rides toward the buffalo herd.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2004, 06:57:31 PM »
Trinity wakes with a heavy head and lets out a huge yawn.  He rises and looks around and is surprised to find himself inside Delmonico's tent and it smells bad!.  "Ewwww, Gross!"  He notices that the floor... and he himself is covered in bile.  It looks like he had gotten so drunk the night before that he must have barfed all night long.  Peppered on top of the gross slime are dozens of dead bees.  "Oh no!  Martha's bees!  Oh well, no more fresh Honey.  Ah guess they couldn't handle the stench... and neither can Ah, Ah gotta get outta here!"

He emerges from the tent and looks at the fire.  "Where's the food?  What did Ah drink last night???  Seeing the can of beans, Trinity becomes excited and grabs the can right off the fire and starts eating.  "Slim is always worried 'bout gettin burnt, but mah hunger is stronger than fahr and Ah looooooooove beans!"

Next Trinity goes over to the oven near the wagon where Gophergrease hid the cake.  He is very excited to find that no one has had any yet and begins to eat.  Before he realizes, he has eaten almost all of it!  "Oh oh.  Ah'll jest crumble this here last piece and throw it back in the oven and make these little racoon tracks... There!  Everbody will think that a 'coon et it."

"Ah wonder where everbody is.  Ahm gonna grab mah Sharps an mah scattergun an look fer them."  Trinity mounts his horse and rides off, but not before grabbing a bottle first.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2004, 07:22:43 PM »
Delmonico enters Texas and the South of Dodge Thread.

"I wonder if Trinity has drug that bottle of whiskey that I put the casor oil in.  Should a brought him a fresh pair a drawers from Fort Sill, hope the Comanches don't catch him with his pants down." ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2004, 09:19:03 PM »
Ridin along Delmonico sees two sets of tracks leadin' southeast inta the Indian Territory.  Wondering he gets down and examines them.  One is frsh and one is a few days old, the old ones are mule tracks, his mule.  Studying the other one he realizes it is Trinity's.  :o

Delmonico is wondering why Trinity is following him, is there an emergency at camp?  couse Trinity might just be drunk again and wondering about, either way he must follow him and find out why.  ::)

So once again Delmonico heads inta the Nations and into the Fort Sill thread. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2004, 11:44:17 PM »
Back about 5 miles south of camp earlier in the day, Slim shot 8 buffalo with his 40 catridges (2 boxes) out of ammunition he is quickly captured by Comanche's and not havin' no strychnine to poisin himself with, Slim is now in quite a fix.  :o

They take him to the only tree away from the river and hang him upside down from it.  Then they realize there is no dry wood under the tree, so they go out ta fetch dry buffalo poop ta use ta build a fire under Slim ta slowly roast his brains. :P

So now we wonder what will happen ta Slim?  Will he be able to log on in time in the morning ta save himself or will I drink to much coffee, be unable ta sleep and come back down and log one and start a fire of buffalo poop under his head,  Bet he wishes he would have paid more atention and got some strychnine. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2004, 09:26:19 AM »
Them Comanches weren't the brightest candles on the tree, they didn't tie Slim's hands. So, while the Comanches were off gathering Buff chips, Slim used his hideout knife to cut himself out of the tree. (No, I am not gonna tell ya where he keeps the knife.) Slim falls from the tree with a thud and knocks the wind out of himself. (No, it wasn't from beans. Remember he didn't eat the beans.) He slowly gets to his feet, puts his boots on, mounts his horse, and spurs his horse toward camp. He looks over his shoulder to see the Comanches running to their horses.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2004, 01:36:02 PM »
Delmonico and Trinity ride inta camp, no one is there but Slim and he is hidding behind all the boxes and bags in camp with his Sharp's and lots of catridges.

"What is goin' on here says Delmonico/"
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2004, 01:39:28 PM »
"The Comanches are after me. They hung me upside down from a tree and were going to roast my brain. But, I escaped and they were chasing me."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2004, 01:50:08 PM »
Just then Trinity gets a funny look on his face and a rumbling sound comes from his middle, he runs down ta the river.  :o :o  Delmonico says, "Ooops I fergot I put castor oil in his whiskey.  I hope the Indians don't catch him with his pants down.  But I hope he gets them down in time." ;D :P
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com