Author Topic: Broken Trail  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Broken Trail
« on: May 08, 2006, 07:58:24 AM »
 Does anyone know anything about the new western with Robert Duval? I understand that this T.V.? movie is due out next month and deals with Asian slavery and a trail drive of horses. quiet an eclectic mix! Any thing else we should know? "Broken Range" is the title of this 'horse opera.' ???
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Offline Virginia Reb

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Broken Trail
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:29:21 AM »
I did a little lookin' into this.  I like movies with Robert Duvall.  The movie is actually called "Broken Trail"  The official website for the movie is http://brokentrail.amctv.com/.  It says that it will be coming out in June 2006.  Here is the story line from the website.

In the waning days of the Old West, veteran rancher Print Ritter (Robert Duvall) and his nephew Tom Harte (Thomas Haden Church) set out on an arduous horse drive from Oregon to Wyoming. On the trail, they risk their lives to save five innocent Chinese girls who have been sold into prostitution. With this decision, the horse drive turns into an epic and perilous journey that leaves both the men and women changed forever.

Sounds like a good movie and I am looking forward to seeing this.  The only other western movie that Thomas Haden Church was in was "Tombstone".  I think that most people will agree that it was a great movie.  So, if he carries that into this one it should be good.

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:44:14 AM »
Thanks; Virginia Reb.
       I like Mr. Duval also and look forward to seeing this movie too.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:29:27 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com