Author Topic: OK, What would you do?  (Read 2430 times)

44caliberkid

OK, What would you do?
« on: April 29, 2006, 10:36:56 AM »
I'm going to buy a new main match pistol, an 1873 replica, 7.5 inch barrel, 44-40.  I've narrowed it down to a like-new, but been fired, AWA Ultimate 1873, or a brand new Uberti or Pietta Great Western.  All are within $30 of each other.  This revolver will see extensive use, 100's of rounds fired, be repaired, rebuilt, re-whatever, over years.  Will the difference between AWA and the others matter in value after all this, or will they just be all, well used, Italian replicas of about the same worth, when all is said and done.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: OK, What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »
they are about the same now,  so I say down the road that should not change...

that said, and not wanting to start a range war.

I'd be hard pressed to pass a Uberti .... I've owned many , traded ,sold and proped many a Film with them.
I have one (Uberti) nearly 30 years old, and aside from 2 broken bolt springs ( easy to replace ) in those thirty years.
I still prefer it ,to some of the other makes.

I believe the other two are good..but as you say "when all is said and done"

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 12:05:13 PM »
I shoot AWA Longhorns and am very happy with them.  That being said, I'd pick wichever one took my eye.  They're all about the same, but like the good Major said, it's mighty hard to beat Uberti.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:51:40 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com